• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition - Where the F*** Does One Find This Thing?

Catphish

I don't expect this thread to fare well, because the demand for such a device is probably low, but I'm desperate. So here goes.

Behold this beauty:

7guoZWi.jpg

It's an add-on wheel for the Thrustmaster T-Series wheel base. All the knobs and buttons are functional, and serve a specific purpose, and the wheel is designed to, primarily, work hand-in-hand with the EA/Codemasters F1 games (though support for others, like ACC, is incoming).

I want one. It was announced for a European release last Spring, I believe, with an Autumn launch in the US.

It came, it went, and now, I can't find this fucker to save my life.

Every website that would sell it shows it's out of stock. I'm on several notification lists, and have yet to hear a peep.

Thrustmaster has released no news that I'm aware of regarding the status of the supply, if more are on the way, if it's even still being manufactured, why the delay in the first place... nothing. Fucking crickets and tumbleweeds.

Maybe it's the chip shortage, maybe it's the fact that F1 cars are undergoing a major shift in engineering that would render this wheel obsolete,.. I have no idea.

So I turn to you, mighty GAF, in the hopes you might be able to shed some light on the situation.

Does anyone here have a clue as to what's going on with this thing?

Does anyone have one they'd like to sell?

I could pony up about $800 to buy one off eBay, but fuck all that. The MSRP is like $350. I'm not caving to scalpers, even if I could justify the expense.

Halp.

Catphish

nikos nikos

"The MSRP is like $350. I'm not caving to scalpers, even if I could justify the expense."

Which I can't. I should have stated that. I paid $650 for the entire wheel and base. No way in hell I'd spend $800 just for an add-on wheel.

I would buy Fanatec, if they sold in retail here in the US, which they don't.

I buy Thrustmaster because I can buy it from the computer store, take it home and, if I don't like it or it fucks up, I can take it back easy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom