• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The future is here!! Ad using an AI generated model hits Japan.

Ito En became the first company in Japan to feature an AI model in an ad for its Oi Ocha (one of their green tea beverages).

Article in japanese:

I think the tech is crazy but it's not perfect yet. You can still notice uncanny valley, noticeably the way she smiles and how dead her eyes look. While it can fool people in static shots, it becomes much more difficult to pull off in animated shots.

Kilau

1af

LimanimaPT

Ito En became the first company in Japan to feature an AI model in an ad for its Oi Ocha (one of their green tea beverages).

Article in japanese:

I think the tech is crazy but it's not perfect yet. You can still notice uncanny valley, noticeably the way she smiles and how dead her eyes look. While it can fool people in static shots, it becomes much more difficult to pull off in animated shots.

You wouldn't tell if you didn't know...

Westcliff

Neo Member
So if you want to become an artist or model when you grow up, just give up on your dreams and go work a desk job, cause this is the future I’m seeing with this.
Or become an artist who uses generative AI as a tool to create a new kind of art. Or focus on classic crafts, because human-created art will gain much value in the future as AI becomes more widespread and common.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
At first glance I couldn't tell the difference.

Then I paused it and could see where it was AI, but I had to look really fucking closely (I'm on a phone and it might be clearer on a bigger screen)

Anyway, I've seen the future. I've now become raging anti-AI.

Madflavor

Or become an artist who uses generative AI as a tool to create a new kind of art. Or focus on classic crafts, because human-created art will gain much value in the future as AI becomes more widespread and common.

It better, because I don't like where this is heading. I can see a lot of the entertainment industries cheapening out in favor of AI generated screenplay, art, etc.

What we're obviously seeing isn't perfect. But you can see how close it's getting to being perfect and we're still in it's early stages. That's what really scares me. It won't be the entertainment industries either. We're going to be living in a Misinformation Age, because nobody will know what to believe anymore. If you think people crying "Fake news" is bad now, we probably haven't seen shit yet.

Kurotri

That is some cyberpunk shit there, I actually struggle to believe that this is genuinely becoming reality.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The first part of the clip where she's trotting looks fake and gamey. But the part right after where she's staring at the cam looks real.

Kilau

That image

About​

Japanese Parliament Trying To Stop Shinichi Yokoyama refers to a viral image of Japanese parliament members physically attempting to stop Judicial Affairs Committee Chairman Shinichi Yokoyama from calling for a vote on the country's immigration reform bill. The photograph has become a popular reaction image and image macro that is generally used to joke about someone expressing an unpopular opinion or doing something those around them don't want them to do. It arguably best known as a popular 'Would' Reaction Image.

Origin​

On December 8th, 2018, the Japanese parliament passed a controversial and hotly debated immigration reform bill[1] that allowed foreign workers a path to Japanese citizenship. During the vote, Japan's opposition party leaders attempted to physically stop Judicial Affairs Committee Chairman Shinichi Yokoyama from calling for a vote, leading to a physical altercation between members of the ruling and opposition parties. Photos of the altercation were published in various news outlets

jason10mm

Gold Member
It shouldn't be cheaper to make a ai model than to hire some girl to run down some steps and hawk popcorn or whatever. This is human actors pricing themselves out of work with unreasonable demands and pay.

On the plus side, an ai model shouldn't make bad political statements, get covid in the middle of filming, or need an intimacy coordinator, hr staff, and residuals for pay. Humans are screwed :p

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
We're genuinely not ready for this. Like, society. Humans. Our monkey brains. We're just straight-up not ready for this.

Raonak

Banned
I know people are dooming and glooming, but personally, I'm very exciting to see the big changes society, humanity and the economy will go through.

Sometimes I wonder how lucky I am to see the world just before the internet and technology became mainsteam, then to be able to experience first hand the evolution of everything... like imagine how different the world will be by the year 2100! Hopefully life extension technology improves by then or I can upload my brain.

My cosmic body is so ready.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

We're genuinely not ready for this. Like, society. Humans. Our monkey brains. We're just straight-up not ready for this.
We are,we as in the ones that are somewhat versed in the concept,the general populace however isnt,because people are retarded and they believe the first thing they get on news or see on twitter.We as a whole are fucked indeed.

Can’t wait for VR AI sex… things? That's going to get wild.

Alex Bugaga will probably do a video on it if it has RT.

I've posted similar before, a service will arise soon enough to enable uploads of photos/video with the goal of create AI sexbots for people you know IRL.

It's going to be disgusting and super popular.

Portugeezer

I've posted similar before, a service will arise soon enough to enable uploads of photos/video with the goal of create AI sexbots for people you know IRL.

It's going to be disgusting and super popular.
There will be laws created and that'll be some dark Web shit.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

What we're obviously seeing isn't perfect. But you can see how close it's getting to being perfect and we're still in it's early stages. That's what really scares me. It won't be the entertainment industries either. We're going to be living in a Misinformation Age, because nobody will know what to believe anymore. If you think people crying "Fake news" is bad now, we probably haven't seen shit yet.
This is essentially what I've been thinking. Mind you, to make an AI generated video really believable it will need a lot of reference material of the person and location from many angles do draw from. Still images will certainly be much easier. Even then, go to a location and try to reproduce the shot. Side by side, how close will the fake line up? In a video I can see a "dream effect" happening where when the camera pans the backgrounds and stuff will be inconsistent between angles.

I know people are dooming and glooming, but personally, I'm very exciting to see the big changes society, humanity and the economy will go through.

Sometimes I wonder how lucky I am to see the world just before the internet and technology became mainsteam, then to be able to experience first hand the evolution of everything... like imagine how different the world will be by the year 2100! Hopefully life extension technology improves by then or I can upload my brain.

My cosmic body is so ready.
AI stuff will definitely bring good along with the bad. Others have compared AI to being the next big thing like the internet was 20+ years ago. It's definitely going to change things and and ways we don't expect.

Cyberpunkd

Considering all the useless and outright predatory tarentu / talent stuff Asian countries are full of I count this as a net positive. No, you won't be able to work a full time job as a trainee at the age of 12 with no pay and be abused by old men if you want to make it - perhaps you can have a better life now.

Top Bottom