• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria launches September 26 in Japan for PS5, PS4

Mister Wolf

I hear this repeated often, but after looking into the older games I don’t think I would make it through them. I don’t really like how the older games look with the squat character models, and then there’s also a question of my time. If anything I’ll watch a video that recaps the story if I end up getting into it.

Start with this upcoming English release. Watch story summaries for the previous games. There are plenty to be found online.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
For those of you who haven't played, just remember to be prepared for lots, and I mean LOTS of dialogue.

I hear this repeated often, but after looking into the older games I don’t think I would make it through them. I don’t really like how the older games look with the squat character models, and then there’s also a question of my time. If anything I’ll watch a video that recaps the story if I end up getting into it.

In that case what I would do is start with Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2. From there if you get hooked go back and plays trails in the sky. The thing is these games keep adding to the cast like a Marvel movie. You'll kind of miss out on how awesome it is to see everyone coming together from the different games if you skip them. I've read a lot of people online who get hooked on the newer titles and then get the motivation to go back to the older games so maybe doing TOCS 1 and 2 will do the same for you.

Darkmakaimura

Do people here consider Trails in the Sky the 3rd a dungeon crawler?

Last edited:
I love it but it's probably the only game in the series that comes off as a spin-off.

Sadly I feel that a lot of the mysteries in the game will never be solved.

I'm not sure if the latest Trails game is the last game in the franchise

But I'm pretty sure they said that this newest one that's coming out in Japan is gonna to answer all of the questions

Might be wrong on that though

Darkmakaimura

I'm not sure if the latest Trails game is the last game in the franchise

But I'm pretty sure they said that this newest one that's coming out in Japan is gonna to answer all of the questions

Might be wrong on that though
I hope so. There's so many questions that need to answering. I want to know about the Outside, Gehenna, Stigmas, etc.

Edit: I think they said there's going to be more games and this is not the last but I could be wrong on that as well.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

That's understandable

How many games in the series have you played?
All of the Cold Steel IV but I've looked up things about the series. I read about a lot of theories and the lore and so on.

For instance, the Sky 3rd is in it of itself a mystery. I understand about the cube and Kevin and all that but we really don't know what a Stigma is so for instance the final boss is sort of a mystery in and of itself too. There's been some theories going around about it.

Hopefully they go more into that but somehow I think that game is not going to be mentioned much.

All of the Cold Steel IV but I've looked up things about the series. I read about a lot of theories and the lore and so on.

For instance, the Sky 3rd is in it of itself a mystery. I understand about the cube and Kevin and all that but we really don't know what a Stigma is so for instance the final boss is sort of a mystery in and of itself too. There's been some theories going around about it.

Hopefully they go more into that but somehow I think that game is not going to be mentioned much.

I actually started with Cold Steel 1 through 3. I was a bit lost on the third one due to the Trails In The Sky and Crossbell Cast joining that game.

I than played through the TITS Trilogy on Steam which was fantastic

And when Cold Steel 4 came out I understood more but was confused whenever the Crossbell Cast showed up

I finally went and played the Crossbell games when they came out here. Loved them too

One of these days I'm going to do a massive replay of all the Trails games in order this time

And BTW I played the two newest Trails that haven't been released here yet

I just bought them off Steam and waited till the Machine Translated English Fan Patch was released and than played them

The Calvard Arc is the Best Arc Since the Librel/Crossbell Arc. Not saying the Erebion Arc is bad, it's great too. That Arc is the weakest and has the most faults. But overall all the Arcs in Trails are fantastic

I think Falcom has 1 to 3 more countries to detail. So I'm guessing it's gonna to be at least another 3 to 5 games left when it comes to finishing the story

KXVXII9X

I only played Legend of Heroes: The Prophecy of the White Witch on the PSP (great game). This game caught my interest but I really don't know where to start and I kind of don't want to play like 10+ long games. Is there a better place to start?

hG9BJOl.jpeg

Top Bottom