• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time x Studio Ghibli Inspired Fan Film

Spyxos

Gold Member

Check out this The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Studio Ghibli fan-made film showcasing Castle Town in Unreal Engine 5. Created by RwanLink, the video pays homage to Zelda: Ocarina of Time for its 25th anniversary. Get a good look at this impressively detailed Studio Ghibli-style Zelda animation, featuring four environments and third-person perspective shots. This fan film took over 600 hours to create!

please and thank you season 4 GIF

Hudo

We could have gotten something like this with a proper AAA animation budget from Nintendo.

Instead it will be Tom Holland and Zendaya as Link and Zelda, with Chris Pratt as Tingle and The Rock as Ganon
Don't forget Christian Bale as the Deku Tree and Elena Bonham-Carter as Impa

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

Moses85

Check out this The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Studio Ghibli fan-made film showcasing Castle Town in Unreal Engine 5. Created by RwanLink, the video pays homage to Zelda: Ocarina of Time for its 25th anniversary. Get a good look at this impressively detailed Studio Ghibli-style Zelda animation, featuring four environments and third-person perspective shots. This fan film took over 600 hours to create!

Saw it yesterday

will ferrell omg GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So i was wondering why the animations looked off (I don't just mean because they have fewer frames)

They arnt synced, so when you start moving you move at that fake kind of 24 frames, but if something else is moving its moving in its own seperate animation that is not syned to move on only the frames as your animation.

I think if he fixes that the current feeling I have that something is "off" would disappear and I could enjoy the art style far more.

Last edited:
The Hyrule flags in Castle Town are off. Which way is the wind supposed to blow?
Also, those mononoke in Kokiri forest at the very beginning have no place in LoZ lol

CGNoire

Really Cool and clearly a lot of work done although I dont think they quite nailed the nature color pallete right.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It looks amazing. I really loved Ni no Kuni as well, mainly because of its graphics; it made me feel like I was inside a fairy tale.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

3:31

Awwww
:messenger_heart:
Malon = The gold pure of Ocarina of time

Aces High

Why the inconsistent frame rates though? Some things move/scroll at 60 fps, others at 24 or 30 and most of the animation is traditional 12 frames/sec. The result looks very distracting.
You seriously asking why the YouTube fanmade project doesn't have AAA production value?

Robb

Gold Member
I like the style, not a fan of the choppy animations/framerate though. I get the idea but it doesn’t work for me. Looks bad imo.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Breath of the Wild was just Nausicaa and Laputa in a game format and Tears of the Kingdom even more so along with the Princess Mononoke reference at the start of the game.

The games are doing it naturally.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This is absolutely gorgeous and insanely impressive for just one dude. It really makes me wish we had a new cel shaded Zelda with decimated animation like this. Super cool, thanks for sharing OP.

Top Bottom