• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the onion a.v. club interviews seth mcfarlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip

bow down before the a.v. club:

http://www.theonionavclub.com/feature/index.php?issue=4104

O: You've talked a lot about The Simpsons as a formative inspiration. You're on the same network; do you have a relationship with the series?

SM: Apparently they hate our guts. I'm not sure why. I've said this before, but that show, at its best, is up there with the best episodes of All In The Family, Mary Tyler Moore, and Dick Van Dyke, I think. I was reading a quote from one of the writers, from a lecture that he gave, that said "The Simpsons staff hates Family Guy." Who knows why? I'm not losing any sleep over it.

TheDuce22

Banned
The current simpson writers cant possibly think they are putting quality material out there. Its one of the worst shows on tv at this point. The simpsons, at its best, was better than faimly guy but right now they arent even in the same league.

skip

wow, I didn't know about this:

O: You were scheduled to travel on one of the planes used in the 9/11 attacks. Did the fact that you were nearly part of it affect how you viewed the subsequent fallout?

SM: Not especially. I'm not a fatalist. I'm not a religious person. I'm sure there are close calls that we're not even aware of hundreds of times a year. You cross the street, and if you'd crossed the street two minutes later, you'd have been hit by a car, but you'd never know it. I'm sure that kind of stuff happens all the time. This was obviously a big one. What I felt more than anything else was gratitude toward my travel agent for screwing up my itinerary. It didn't change my perspective on what I do or anything like that. I couldn't really let it. You gotta keep the funny intact.

O: You didn't resolve to make the most of every moment?

SM: No, no. If anything, I started drinking more.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
TheDuce22 said:
The current simpson writers cant possibly think they are putting quality material out there. Its one of the worst shows on tv at this point. The simpsons, at its best, was better than faimly guy but right now they arent even in the same league.
So no shit they hate Family Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom