• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outfoxies - Smash Bros and Power Stones older, kind of cooler brother!

VGEsoterica

I love Smash and I love Power Stone, so a game that combines the frantic 2D action of Smash with the wild weapons based combat of Power Stone is kind of a no brainer to love.

Definitely a game I wish got ported home. I recall reading in Saturn magazines back in the day that it was rumored to come home for Saturn, but obviously that never happened. Less than zero idea if the rumor had any validity to it or if it was just classic 90’s gaming magazine BS. You never knew back then.

But it’s an absolutely awesome game. Definitely a “fighting” game even if it doesn’t follow the traditional conventions of a 1-on-1 2D fighter. Between the awesome scaling of the arenas, the fast paced action, and the environmental hazards you need to worry about...it’s some of the fastest paced three minutes in an arcade fighting game you can get! Throw the weapons style combat in from Power Stone and a few beers with friends and it’s a wild time.

Curious if anyone else is a fan or has played it? Definitely not the most common game or one that gets talked about too much...which is unfortunate because it’s one of the best hidden arcade gems around.

plus it has a monkey in a tuxedo and a top hat. I mean you can’t beat that if you tried!

Top Bottom