• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outlast Trials coming to consoles on March 4, 2024 | The Game Awards 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-outlast-trials-console.jpg

Developed and published by Red Barrels, the game was first released on May 18, 2023, on PC. It is the third installment in the Outlast series, serving as a prequel to the first two games and features test subjects in a mysterious Cold War experiment.​

Red Barrels invites you to experience mind-numbing terror, this time with friends. Whether you go through the trials alone or in teams, if you survive long enough and complete the therapy, Murkoff will happily let you leave… but will you be the same?

I loved the first game, but that second one was so on rails and dark(literally) that it put me off. What's the structure of this one like from a single player perspective?

Saber

Gold Member
Kinda like the last ones. Its cool they are continuing the series, hope this one delivers.

Last edited:

Hydroxy

I've heard the game is dead on PC, is that true? Very hard to find players online and that you need friends to enjoy this game.

Bartski

Gold Member
I've heard the game is dead on PC, is that true? Very hard to find players online and that you need friends to enjoy this game.
Shame if true, but maybe I'm not alone in skipping the early access version waiting for the full cross-play release.

Console perf modes have been revealed via exputer:

Could you tell us a bit about the graphic modes for the console versions?
  • PlayStation 5: 4K native @ 60 FPS
  • PlayStation 4 Pro: 1440p native @ 30 FPS
  • PlayStation 4: 1080p native @ 30 FPS
  • Xbox Series X: 4K native @ 60 FPS
  • Xbox Series S: 1440p native @ 60 FPS
  • Xbox One: 900p native @ 30 FPS
  • Xbox One X: 4K native @ 30 FPS
By “native,” I mean no FSR/DLSS-style upscaling or anything like that. We do use dynamic resolution, so resolution might get lowered slightly in very intense scenes, but it is not really noticeable. HDR is provided on all consoles supporting the feature.

Top Bottom