• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The potential E3 reveal we forgot about

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

E3 is coming. All of us are hyped. A great number of games are being talked about on GAF. The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Project Beast, Smash Bros, Halo 5, Kingdom Hearts 3 and many more are games that we wait for with bated breath. These are all obvious. Earlier today I was thinking about what surprises this E3 may hold. I eventually thought about the potential sequel to what I consider to be the masterpiece of the Nintendo DS.

7QA8BJY.jpg

The World Ends With You is my favorite Nintendo DS game. I consider it to be special. Its a game that has everything. Great story, amazing character development, likable characters, a soundtrack that rivals persona 3 and 4, gameplay that is challenging fun and original, the game even has a secret ending that is fun and rewarding to unlock, good art, good dialog, You name it and The World Ends With You has it.

The story wraps up well. There isn't any loose ends that would cause a sequel that i'm aware of. I'm not sure if a sequel could even top the first game. All I know is that I would love to go back to that world. The ending of the iOS port suggests a sequel however. This is the image that is shown.

V3E7Yhc.jpg

This image implies that a sequel is planned. A team could be working on it right now for all we know. The original came out in Japan almost 7 years ago now. The time is ripe for a sequel. I think that it is possible that we may see a sequel for the 3ds at E3. I haven't seen anyone talking about a sequel reveal at E3, so I thought I would bring it up.

What do you guys think? Do you even want a sequel?

Shiki is best girl

DNAbro

I would love a sequel but square enix has been extremely stupid and I don't expect them to announce it.

Ploid 3.0

Was not on my radar, I have no clue what this game is about, I don't play DS games. I hope it impresses though.

FluxWaveZ

The World Ends With You Too (or The World Ends With Two), 3DS/Vita game announced at E3 2014.

The World Ends With U, Wii U game announced at E3 2014 Nintendo Digital Event.

One of those. Done.

MilesTeg

Banned
I've been replaying the game on my 3DSXL recently, it's still a very good game. Almost everything about it still holds up. Love the game, but I doubt we ever get a sequel.

Hyunkel6

TWEWY is among my top 5 DS games. I would love a sequel on 3DS or Vita. Would even be a system seller for the Vita for me. I have been considering a Vita for P4, but a TWEWY sequel would tip me over the fence for sure.

We might get Mega Man 11 too, from Nintendo! With the Smash style model! It's nice to want things, but it's always torture in the end. Don't expect this...but I will buy the hell out of it if one day it decides to reveal itself.

todd360

It really isn't. And I think TWEWY is fine as stand alone game, not everything needs a sequel.

I agree that it doesn't really need a sequel. I just can't see the first game being topped. Its just that image from the iOS game pretty much screams sequel to me. I think its gonna happen at some point. TGS is probably more likely as a few others mentioned. Its could still be at E3 though. It would be an amazing surprise.

Frolow

Banned
We might get some localization announcements for the new Ace Attorney game and the Ace Attorney 1/2/3 3DS Collection. The latter one especially since the Japanese version already has a full English translation as an option.

Shojx

I really enjoyed the game and personally I'd love to see something else come out of the series, but I don't think we'll see anything at E3 this year.

todd360

It is now clear to me what we must do. We must destroy all iOS devices. It is time. We are caught in candy crushes clutches and we must fight back.

Can't wait to splurge on some new pins via microtransaction goodness on the App Store.
And be forced to wait anywhere from 8 to 24 hours in between battles.

I honestly think Theathyrhythm Curtain Call's method of 3DS/iOS development split is a pretty good way for Square to serve both masters. $40 3DS game with all the content and some degree of DLC, a la carte iOS game with the potential to cost $100+ and maybe some whales will get it.

I think if TWEWY went that route, if it had to go any route within a modern Square-enix market, that would not be the worst one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom