• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Samsung SyncMaster 710T rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

This is the best monitor I have ever owned. I put the gamma level on Mode 3 (which practically eliminates the "too soft" complaint you always hear about LCD output), adjusted the brightness and contrast just a little, set the color temp to warm but took the red color down by two or three, set the sharpness to 56, and I now have one hell of a display. The amount of detail is unbelievable. Games look beautiful. Plus DVI makes it even better. UT2004 and HL2 just rock. DVD playback is great as well.

I'm not sure why people say LCD's aren't as detailed as CRT monitors - a lot more seems to stand out. I guess there are some advantages and disadvantages for each... but believe me, in the end, LCD is what you want. A brilliant display, really. It also has a really nice stand that slides the display up and down. But if you are looking for an LCD monitor, I'd suggest nothing but this.

B00025O7RA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom