• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Santa Clauses, which is the bane of my existence and sent me into an existential crisis, gets renewed for Season 2

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-santa-clauses-disney-plus-renewed-season-2

It's time to raise your cups of hot cocoa in celebration because The Santa Clauses is getting a second season.

Disney+ decided to spread some Christmas cheer right before the holidays by announcing a season two renewal of The Santa Clauses. The news arrived the same day that the streamer debuted the first season finale, wrapping up the six-episode series that launched in November.

Tim Allen will be boarding the sleigh again to take the reins as executive producer on the second season while also continuing in the role of Santa Claus, aka Scott Calvin, alongside Elizabeth Mitchell, who is reprising her role at the North Pole as Mrs. Claus, aka Carol Calvin.
This is the opening theme song to the show. It is absolutely horrifying

Alcibiades

I get that his Buzz Lightyear toy is not the same as the one that exists in the movie-within-a-movie, but shouldn't Disney be putting his talents to use in that world instead of this crap?

EDIT: To be fair I've never seen the show but I could never get into the Santa Clause sequels. The first movie though is a classic with funny dialogue perfectly delivered by Allen. His comic genius really comes through in that movie and it's one of my favorites of movies of all time.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I get that his Buzz Lightyear toy is not the same as the one that exists in the movie-within-a-movie, but shouldn't Disney be putting his talents to use in that world instead of this crap?

EDIT: To be fair I've never seen the show but I could never get into the Santa Clause sequels. The first movie though is a classic with funny dialogue perfectly delivered by Allen. His comic genius really comes through in that movie and it's one of my favorites of movies of all time.
Second movie isn't bad. Third movie is trash though.

The show is okay.

ElRenoRaven

I've enjoyed all the movies and honestly am enjoying the show. Not sure how they'll be able to drag this out more than 1 season though. Maybe if each season is a different situration maybe for a bit but it will over stay it's welcome if they go on too many seasons.

Top Bottom