• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ultimate next gen consoles and Nintendo Switch total sales prediction thread

Bodomism

Banned
In just a few months next gen consoles will be launched in worldwide, so here we are trying our best with our superior armchair business strategist minded to predict the upcoming future of these three consoles sales.

PS5-1.jpg

20200909xboxseries.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Let's get started
My prediction.
PS5 ~90 million units
XSX/XSS ~75 million units
Nintendo Switch ~150 million units.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Total sales on consoles that aren't even out yet? So figures that won't exist for over a decade? Jesus man, the PS4 is still selling.

Ten_Fold

Switch-150m
PS5-100m
XSS-60M
The series S will be the one that sells as I can see them dropping that price to $199 or less during it’s lifetime. The switch is such a good system, easily my favorite since the ps2/GCN days, I think it will do well, the PS5 won’t hit PS4 numbers imo, but will be very close., possibly due to more people only going Xbox for things like ES6 and whatever Microsoft buys.

THEAP99

Banned
PS5 - less than ps3 total consoles sold (86 million)

Xbox Series - less than xbox one total consoles sold (50 million)

Switch - 150 million sounds right

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
MS better do a 100 Million or they ain’t shit. Shiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeet.

Ahem.
I think everyone will do well.

If Nintendo do 100 million switch sales that would be insane.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
MS better do a 100 Million or they ain’t shit. Shiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeet.

Ahem.
I think everyone will do well.

If Nintendo do 100 million switch sales that would be insane.
Already 60 million units and likely to break another record in this Q2 then holiday quarter Q3 and Q4. Should be around ~80 million units at the end of current FY without any price reduction and pro model/revision model releases.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
I think the Switch will pass the almighty PS2. So I expect 160 to 165 million units. I mean the console will sell 30 milion probably this year....

PS5, I will say 85 to 95 million. I expect PS3 numbers.

Series X and Series S, I expect 70 to 80 million units.

I expect PS4 numbers with PS5. Sony has the momentum right now. PS4 BC will ensure that the 100+ million will go to PS5. If they're able to attract new gamers, I'd expect PS2 numbers. 150 million.

Top Bottom