• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are two types of civilizations.

CyberPanda

Banned
D3g4J8ZW0AAYHMM.jpg

D3g4NlyWAAAvXcc.jpg

D3g-KQ6UUAAx_31.jpg:large

Got it from this book:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=11...df&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Japan had some pretty amazing vending machines when I was there. Sure, you could get some melon cola and milk tea from a sidewalk vending machine 30 minutes from civilization, but the real joy was the toy capsule machines. I used to collect 100 yen SD Gundam figures, and I still have some Mega Man Legends 2 figures I got from the machines. I never found one of those panties vending machines that I've heard so much about, but there were several beer vending machines.

CyberPanda

Banned
Japan had some pretty amazing vending machines when I was there. Sure, you could get some melon cola and milk tea from a sidewalk vending machine 30 minutes from civilization, but the real joy was the toy capsule machines. I used to collect 100 yen SD Gundam figures, and I still have some Mega Man Legends 2 figures I got from the machines. I never found one of those panties vending machines that I've heard so much about, but there were several beer vending machines.
I was watching a bunch of YouTube videos about it. I’m very envious of Japan.

I suppose being a rich country with almost no other people than Japanese helps.

Pretty good example of why multiculturalism isn't needed.

Kadayi

Banned
Never been but would like to visit. However, my understanding is that the Japanese are big on packaging but pretty dismal on recycling (surprisingly) which is not great to hear.

CyberPanda

Banned
Never been but would like to visit. However, my understanding is that the Japanese are big on packaging but pretty dismal on recycling (surprisingly) which is not great to hear.
Actually their recycling policies are pretty good. You should read up on their garbage collection rules. They are very strict.

Kadayi

Banned
Oh ok. Thanks for the link.
I also found this if you are interested:
https://jpninfo.com/9826

TBF Germany is leaps and bounds above everyone. I went to Berlin many years ago and they were going things the UK still hasn't implemented ( We're really bad on the overuse of plastic bottles for instance). I dare say Japan culturally could surpass Germany if they put their mind to it.

CyberPanda

Banned
TBF Germany is leaps and bounds above everyone. I went to Berlin many years ago and they were going things the UK still hasn't implemented ( We're really bad on the overuse of plastic bottles for instance). I dare say Japan culturally could surpass Germany if they put their mind to it.
Germany is an amazing country for sure, and I hope to visit it one day.

Top Bottom