• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These Are The LGBT Rights Trump Could Start Reversing On Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

So, I basically need to act as straight as possible, never admit to anyone I am gay, and just keep my head down and not speak and I might be able to keep my job and not get gay bashed by Trump's new army.

Got it.

Jmille99

Everyone just needs to calm down. Theres no guarantee this will happen, so before we make anyoutlandish remarks, lets wait for these rights to be taken away before any protests, ok?

Fuck Trump and fuck the people involved with Trump.

Mortemis

Banned
Everyone chill. This is your next president and you should support him. It's the will of the people. 😒

Sigh, give me a fucking break.

PInk Tape

Banned
But unity, both sides, "he won't actually do it", emails, etc.

I bet they are salivating at the chance to undo all of Obama's progress.

J2 Cool

White_House_in_rainbow_colors_insert_c_Washington_Blade_by_Michael_Key.jpg

Could be a long time before we see this again.

Kimawolf

So, I basically need to act as straight as possible, never admit to anyone I am gay, and just keep my head down and not speak and I might be able to keep my job and not get gay bashed by Trump's new army.

Got it.

If possible, i'd recommend LGBT people to move to whatever large city is closest as it'll be their only safe haven for a few years. I told one of my closest female friends exactly that. Move to California where you will be safe. Get the fuck out of MO for sure.

My state (WA) voted for marriage equality long before the Supreme Court ruled it legal nationwide.

I hope the party who bandies about state rights at the drop of a hat actually respects state rights.

Wilsongt

If possible, i'd recommend LGBT people to move to whatever large city is closest as it'll be their only safe haven for a few years. I told one of my closest female friends exactly that. Move to California where you will be safe. Get the fuck out of MO for sure.

I am in a deep red state, but not one that is as homophobic as others. However, I just started a new job, and even though I can move to any state and keep my job, I need to finish my year of training first.

Anarky

Banned
To every poster who I know is about to downplay this either because they voted for this Orange terror or because "lol both sides are the same" : Go to hell. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to hell.

RPGCrazied

I am in a deep red state, but not one that is as homophobic as others. However, I just started a new job, and even though I can move to any state and keep my job, I need to finish my year of training first.

Texas here. I know how it goes. I know Texas is big and has a lot of friendly gay cities/areas, but sadly I don't live in one.

Brandson

In theory government officials that issue marriage licenses and support Trump could decide on their own to immediately begin refusing to issue marriage licenses to LGBT couples again in advance of any further court ruling. Any judge hearing the case would then have to be willing to rule against Trump while facing an onslaught of intimidation, hate, threats, and harassment from Trump and his supporters. It's not inconceivable that that could start right away.

Mask

Ben Carson, a vice-chair for Trump’s transition, who has opposed LGBT nondiscrimination protections as an “assault on American rights”

They're fucking American too, though I'm sure they'd try to figure out a way to strip citizenship from LGBT citizens if they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom