• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: New Animated 'Ghost in the Shell' in Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a return to the SAC continuity. But if they decide to tell a story with the Major no complaints just no more origin stuff, Arise and the live action movie soured me on it.

Vimes

I really do hope it's straight up more SAC instead of another reboot. Just finished re-watching 2nd Gig and the movie, and I think there's absolutely room to expand the universe further with 12 damn years past. Seeing how 2nd gig tackled the immigrant issue in light of what's happened over the last few years shows that Kamiyama's take on the franchise is more relevant than ever.

Shy

Just gonna echo what everyone in here is already saying.

Fuck Arise.

And i hope this is set in the S.A.C. continuity.
Wonder if the old gang is on board since they do the Japanese dub for the live action "movie"
God i hope so.

Broke my heart when i watched to the first episode of Arise *shudders* and didn't didn't hear any of any of the main cast, including Akio Ohtsuka (My favourite Japanese voice actor) as Batou

It will be co-directed by Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series) and Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed)
Good god. This will be the most boring and mediocre Ghost in the Shell adaptation.

Hagi

Hmm this is interesting but Kamiyama's 009 Cyborg stuff was really bad and Aramaki has never made anything I've liked so expectations are low. Wouldn't be surprised if it was CG.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm this is interesting but Kamiyama's 009 Cyborg stuff was really bad and Aramaki has never made anything I've liked so expectations are low. Wouldn't be surprised if it was CG.
Kamiyama's 009 movie was such a sad imitation of Oshii.

karasu

Honest question, would the hardcore fans who refused to even see the new film have a problem with Scarlett doing the English dub? She actually is a good voice actress, all snark aside.

Not that I think they'd pony up the cash to do it, but I'd still be curious about the possibility.

Son. She is done with this property. There is no way she will allow herself to be dragged down even further.

Not just Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, get the entire SAC cast back. They're Ghost in the Shell to me. Shit, Richard Epcar has been Batou since the first movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom