• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in January 2018 - Backlog Hunter World

Andyliini

Do you nearly finish games, but then stop for no reason? Are there games you mean to play but don't get around to?

The challenge is to complete three (or more) games this month.

It doesn't matter how long or short the games are, or if you're near the end already. If it's unclear if something counts as a finished game, you should go with your own judgment. There aren't any hard rules.

Please post the games you hope to finish, but also share your successes, setbacks and impressions. :)

Helpful Sites
How Long to Beat to find out roughly how long a game takes to finish
The Backloggery to keep track of those games you'll never play.

Best of luck to everyone!

Credit for the OP and challenge goes to Aarglefarg, who originally ran this challenge. I shamelessly copypasted his OP, so if you are still around, I'm sorry.

Here are my games:

7th Dragon III: Code VFD
I only have the final boss left, and because the bosses so far have not posed any great challenge, I hope the final boss does not either, and I get to beat him as soon as today.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Right after I beat 7th Dragon, I'm going to jump back to the world of justice. These games are never too long, so January should be more than enough to beat this game.

Megaman Zero 4
It was going to be Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but it's not progressing as fast as i thought. Therefore I probably will not beat it in January, and try to finish this game instead. Shouldn't be too long game to beat.

badboyyy

Im playing elder scroll iv: oblivion on my ps3, i hope I can beat this game in january. Graphic scale isnt very good, but gameplay and world, I lovin it.

1. Final Fantasy XII the Zodiac Age (PS4, ~82hrs)
Finally finished this! FF12 was my favourite game on PS2 but despite getting right near the end twice I never actually finished the story. Really appreciated all the changes made in the remaster and it's still one of my favourite games. Did a huge chunk of side content but not everything, considering doing a NG+ at some point (but not for a long while)

2. Uncharted 4 (PS4, ~19hrs)
I've enjoyed all the previous Uncharted games and this was even better. Beautiful environments, solid gameplay and great characters

-

Not sure on the third game, might try to finish the main story in TES Online or Fallout 4.

Last edited:

marcincz

Quite good beginning of the year. Beat 3 games and added next one - Deadlight on XBO.

3DS
Metroid: Samus Returns

PS4
Gravity Rush 2
Gravity Rush 2 - dlc The Arc of Time - Raven's choice

Resident Evil 7 - DLCs

XBO
Deadlight: Director's Cut
Little Nightmares

Last edited:

Andyliini

Here are my games:

7th Dragon III: Code VFD
I only have the final boss left, and because the bosses so far have not posed any great challenge, I hope the final boss does not either, and I get to beat him as soon as today.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Right after I beat 7th Dragon, I'm going to jump back to the world of justice. These games are never too long, so January should be more than enough to beat this game.

Megaman Zero 4
It was going to be Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but it's not progressing as fast as i thought. Therefore I probably will not beat it in January, and try to finish this game instead. Shouldn't be too long game to beat.

I was so engaged to Xenoblade, that I almost forgot about this challenge, but I took a serious gaming session, and finished Megaman Zero 4, which was the only one of these not yet finished. So, this month's games are done and finished.

marcincz

And next one.

3DS
Metroid: Samus Returns

PS4
Gravity Rush 2
Gravity Rush 2 - dlc The Arc of Time - Raven's choice

Resident Evil 7 - DLCs

XBO
Deadlight: Director's Cut
Little Nightmares

MrMorningMan