• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo retains Michelin star lead; Japan matches France's three-star number

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...-as-michelin-adds-four-three-star-venues.html

Bloomberg said:
Michelin names four new three-star restaurants in Tokyo today, taking the total for Japan to 26, the same number as France, the home of the dining guide.

The Tokyo guide also includes the neighboring cities of Yokohama and Kamakura for the first time. The area is home to 14 restaurants with three stars, 54 with two and 198 with one. Last month, Michelin gave three stars to 12 venues in western Japan.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTOE6AN01P20101124

Reuters said:
Tokyo Wednesday held onto its crown as the global center of gourmet dining, when the Michelin guide awarded it more stars than any other city for the fourth year in a row.

Tokyo restaurants also gained more top awards than last year with 14 given the coveted three-star rating, which Michelin defines as "exceptional cuisine, worth a journey." Twelve serve Japanese cuisine and two serve French.

Among 240 starred Tokyo restaurants, 52 received two stars and 174 received one star. By contrast, Paris -- where ten restaurants received three-star ratings, second to Tokyo -- had only 64 starred restaurants.

ironchef_051021115737271_wideweb__300x450.jpg

gimmmick

ajim said:
Anyone ever eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant? How was it?

Over priced as usually, but the food is good for a reason.

They are plenty of them here in Vegas, and the hotel I work at has the only 3 star michelin star restaurant in the valley (Joel Robuchon).

Gibbo

Yup- I was in Tokyo for a quick stop over in March. Went to Troisgros for lunch and to JL's L'Atelier for dinner. I heard that the good Japanese Michelin star restaurants are hellavua difficult to make reservations for- so I didn't bother trying Japanese cusine- in Japan :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom