• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Sizemore suffered a Brain Aneurysm, is in coma with "No Further Hope"

Aggelos

On February 18, 2023, Sizemore suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm at his Los Angeles home and was hospitalized in critical condition. Charles Lago, his rep, issued a statement on February 27 that doctors have determined there was "no further hope and have recommended end-of-life decision" to Sizemore's family. Sizemore died on March 3, at the age of 61.

Update

Last edited:
Really liked him in both Saving Private Ryan, and in a guilty pleasure of mine: Relic.
I know he has had his share of misfortunes.
I hope he pulls through...Man, you realize that nothing is guaranteed in life...that the brief journey could end at any moment. Pretty obvious, but we tend to forget this simple, observable reality.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm not super into cinema, what are some of this guy's standouts? May as well give his work the respect that I missed out on. Condolences to all involved.

Unfortunate news, though I'm not entirely surprised. You take one look at the guy and you can clearly tell he's a mess.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Really liked him in both Saving Private Ryan, and in a guilty pleasure of mine: Relic.
Same here, just listened to the Quentin Taratino podcast about Relic and they talked him up quite a bit. I was yelling at my phone "WTF, you directed him in like half your movies!" then realized that I had once again confused him with Michael Madsen :p

Regardless of his demons, I enjoyed most of his work.

He is an underrated actor for sure and brings a strong presence with his roles. I loved him Natural Born Killers, Heat, Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down.

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
It’s too bad Tom struggled so much with drug abuse over the years. He was a really talented actor.

Chiggs

Terrible news. Tom was such a legend.
  • Heat
  • Natural Born Killers
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Bringing Out the Dead
  • Strange Days
  • True Romance
  • Devil in a Blue Dress
  • The Relic
  • Passenger 57
  • Black Hawk Down

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
61 is way too young to go...
I remember Family Guy making a joke about him living in a shithole apartment and it actually made me sad.

Neff

Amazing actor. He could do pretty much anything and was fantastic in every role he did. Even in his smaller parts (Point Break, Passenger 57) he made it look easy.

his standouts are Saving Private Ryan, BlackHawk Down & Heat

Strange Days for me.

GLDyWj.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
heat-1995.gif

Intensely charismatic actor with a LOT of amazing movies under his belt.

RIP, my guy.

Batiman

Banned
Unfortunate news, though I'm not entirely surprised. You take one look at the guy and you can clearly tell he's a mess.
I can’t tell he is as a mess. What’s looks off about him? I mean he looks decent for 61. And don’t aneurysms just happen out of the blue?

Last edited:
Top Bottom