• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToS OST?

SantaC

can you buy the cd soundtrack somewhere? There are some very good tunes (some mediocre also of course)

I especially love the boss music. It really feels great facing off against a boss! Opening intro and title screen isn't bad either. Cannot comment as a whole since I am not finished with the game yet :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So does it mean it's ok to pirate it then? :p

You can easily grab it from the Video game MP3s Direct Connect HUB server, listed on #gamemp3s website

Stele

Holds a little red book
The only tracks that stuck out for me was Torent Forest and Derris-Kharlan (inside the castle). That may be because game music almost never impress me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Derris-Khalan music was pretty cool. I'm a fan of game music but I have to agree that ToS's soundtrack isn't that great. Some cool tracks but most of it is average imo. Sakuraba has done better

miyuru

I don't think the music is that great. If there was more music this game would rock so much more, because there's a lot of times where significant events are happening on screen and the music doesn't change at all, pretty pathetic IMO (from an aural perspective).

Fifty

The field music drove me insane. I think the game should rotate field music every so often. 50+ hours of the same thing gets on anyone's nerves.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
miyuru said:
I don't think the music is that great. If there was more music this game would rock so much more, because there's a lot of times where significant events are happening on screen and the music doesn't change at all, pretty pathetic IMO (from an aural perspective).

There is a TON of music, though. The OST is four discs long! The problem? For every good song, though, there are five awful ones...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've had the soundtrack for almost a year, I think. I've always been a moderate fan of it, to a certain degree. But dark's right, for every brilliant song, you've got a handful that are very generic and filler-ish. That said, ever since getting the game, my appreciation for the music and the soundtrack has grown.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fifty said:
The field music drove me insane. I think the game should rotate field music every so often. 50+ hours of the same thing gets on anyone's nerves.

I actually like the world music...at least for the 2nd world.

Mejilan said:
That said, ever since getting the game, my appreciation for the music and the soundtrack has grown.

That's true for me as well. I actually keep OSTs unlistened until I actually play the game to try to keep the game experience fresh

Top Bottom