• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trevor Noah Talks Politics, Media, and Donald Trump at Vulture Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a very long article but a few I thought were noteworthy quotes.

On our campaign endorsement system:

In America, it's like WWE, you've created this fanfare. That's why it's so easy for people to endorse people after they've fallen out of the race. My mind is honestly broken by that. How can you say everything that you've said, every single day you've said [it]? This is the Republican side — everyone said, "Donald Trump's the worst thing that could happen to this country, he cannot be commander-in-chief, you cannot trust him, he's a liar, he's a cheat, he's all of these things, you cannot have him, you cannot have him, you cannot have him, he's the worst thing ever, I'm dropping out of the race, and I think we can all agree that Donald Trump is the best choice for president." Like, woah, what just happened there? That's where you see that they are playing a game with the people, and that is something that — I don't get over that. You can't say that.

On how racism never went away:

It's also showing how angry people are. You know, you can't just gloss over this. You can't gloss over — I always ask people, where do you think all the racists went? I'm always fascinated by that. Well we had a civil-rights movement, and then, where did all the racists go? There was no mass emigration, so where'd they go? Did people just go civil rights, no more racism, and they're all just like, All right, I'm done. We had a good run, racists. This is what we've done to people — we've not had a moment, there hasn't been a discussion. It's not easy, but there has to be some sort of conversation that is had between people. Everyone just acts like it's done ... it's not done

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/trev...-media-and-donald-trump-vulture-festival.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom