• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn your dead love ones into jewels

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
Lifegem

Some chick was just talking about this on that Carson Daily show. This company uses the carbon remains of a person or pet to make diamonds. Beyond creepy.

I don't know I think I like the idea. I know I'd much rather have a nice gem set over a pot of ashes of Uncle Herbert in the sitting room.

FightyF

Banned
We're gonna run out of graves soon so we might as well! :p j/k

I think it's a pretty novel idea...increases the sentimental value of jewelery 100 fold.

It's the one grandma gave me. And it's made of my grandpa.

hobbitx

Sign me up, when I die my offspring can wear me around their neck while my spirit helps them solve crime mysteries.

Syckx

That is so awesome. I'm going to call my mom and ask her if I canwear her around my neck when she goes.

aoi tsuki

What would really be fucked up is if this idea became extremely popular, and Life Gems had an actual value worth stealing/killing for.

11.jpg

i'm resisting the urge to make a very obvious Soylent Green reference here...

BuG

They don't do pearls. It'd be great to have some poor girl show off her necklace made out of her father. :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
That is beyond weird.

I don't think we've yet coined an adjective to properly express how strange this is.

DavidDayton said:
That is beyond weird.

I don't think we've yet coined an adjective to properly express how strange this is.

I don't know, keeping your relatives in a dust bin is a little bit more creepy to me. At least this is beautiful.

Zensetsu

Lifegems is people! LIFEGEMS IS PEOPLE! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

*edit*
ps: After thinking it over for a while, this is a totally awesome idea, but its too expensive..

Lifegems +1

Brannon

Maybe their body should be donated to the Anything for Oilinator Machine. They would give back to the environment in more ways than one!

Teflar

Awesome idea.

Ideally, I was hoping to be cremated then baked into some sort of food that would then be consumed at my funeral party. But talking to friends and family, no one else seems to think that idea is as cool as I do.

This is the next best thing, I hope it is still around when my body decides to let me go. :D

Otaking

I'd wanna be put on a ring. When worn my spirit would grant the bearer magical powers and extremely high luck. It'd be like a ring right out of an RPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom