• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two and a Half Men (New Final Fantasy)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Spoilers if you have not seen the season premiere, and follow the show.

Well, a TV Show attempted to include a videogame in the story, the "New Final Fantasy"
The kid on the show wants to go rent the "New Final Fantasy"
After making his uncle charlie go get something to eat at a fastfood location, he gets him to stop by the videostore.
They go to the video store and he picks up the greatest hits version of FFX, and when he gets home to play it, the music is from Final Fantasy 1 - Battle...

Its better then the typical bleeps and bloops of "Video Games" on TV. But the biggest surprise was the original NES music :)

I found it amusing, and not about MGS4 so.. THERE

acklame said:

Age old story of having advance gaming machines that output CD/DVD quality sound, but somehow resigns to Atari/Nes sound effects when "played" onscreen in t.v. shows, but in this case they used an old but actual Final Fantasy game's sounds to replace FFX's.

Varian

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Age old story of having advance gaming machines that output CD/DVD quality sound, but somehow resigns to Atari/Nes sound effects when "played" onscreen in t.v. shows, but in this case they used an old but actual Final Fantasy game's sounds to replace FFX's.
That's odd. If they were going to pay for the music, why not go with the correct version?

EDIT: I remember this one educational film in gradeschool where they were playing Zelda and the sound effects were Arkanoid or something

Sagitario

Gilmore Girls - Soul Calibur 2 (GC version)... they where actually playing it, you could see the screen...
It appeared in two episodes if I remember correctly...

conan obrien once refered to samus aran as "he" in a skit where he was making fun of printed advertisements

ya, like he hasnt played every fucking metroid game

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
On last night's Supernatural a couple of guys who were camping were playing a Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt multiplayer match. :)

The funniest I've seen was a Brazilian soap opera that my mother used to watch where a father and his kids were playing a super realistic Football (Soccer) game and the console in front of them was the Atari 2600 and they were using 2600 controllers. :lol

Zensetsu

In an eppisode of House, he was playing one of the GBA metroids. He turned into a morph ball then jumped into the hands of a chozo statue, then sighed and turned the game off.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Fuzzy said:
On last night's Supernatural a couple of guys who were camping were playing a Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt multiplayer match. :)

The best part was when they would cut to just the screen, and they were using the stylus, and then when it cut to a wide shot they weren't.

Good times.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
GoutPatrol said:
The best part was when they would cut to just the screen, and they were using the stylus, and then when it cut to a wide shot they weren't.

Good times.
I'm pretty sure one guy was using the thumb strap while the other was using the stylus.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Fuzzy said:
I'm pretty sure one guy was using the thumb strap while the other was using the stylus.

What? Look at the guy in the red shirt, he was just pounding the L and R buttons.

D-X

Varian said:
That's odd. If they were going to pay for the music, why not go with the correct version?

EDIT: I remember this one educational film in gradeschool where they were playing Zelda and the sound effects were Arkanoid or something

It's just to emphasise to the mainstream that it is videogame music. Imagine a CD quality orchestrated soundtrack playing instead - the uninformed wouldn't understand quite as clearly as where it is meant to be coming from. Give it 20 years

...and they'll still do it

Shompola

Banned
There was a weekly summarize news reportage on some satellite channel... and they used FF VII battle music to dramatize it lol.

Top Bottom