• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uber Chief Business Officer Resigns As Kalanick Plans "Leave Of Absence"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Lyft is barely in any locations compared to Uber which is everywhere. If Lyft expands to way more countries then maybe.

Lyft's current tremendous expansion is literally fueled by Uber's astonishingly bad PR and management. Drivers and their cars as it turns out, can move easily from one to the other.

Uber's attempt to destroy Lyft has backfired with the blazing pyrotechnic spectacle of a gaf sex advice thread.

Ripenen

something i found interesting.

uber is losing money at historically fast speeds. like obnoxiously fast. they survive on tons of money from VCs.

i used to think their endgame was self driving cars, but its really not.

its to, and this is amazing, put every other service out of business.

not just lyft, not taxis, but cars. they want to make it so the only way people are getting around is through uber.

how insane is that?

For Uber I don't get the sense that the (now former) leadership team is really interested in the long term health of the company. In Kalanick's mind he's already done his job by selling an idea and raising a ton of money. Actually running a company? Leave that for someone else.

This MO is pretty common in Silicon Valley. These people start a company with the goal of having an exit as quickly as possible so they can go on and do it again. Talking to some of these people there's not even any pretense of building a company that will be around for more than 5 or 10 years.

something i found interesting.

uber is losing money at historically fast speeds. like obnoxiously fast. they survive on tons of money from VCs.

i used to think their endgame was self driving cars, but its really not.

its to, and this is amazing, put every other service out of business.

not just lyft, not taxis, but cars. they want to make it so the only way people are getting around is through uber.

how insane is that?

Here's something even more insane. People on GAF actually think they are going to pull it out off despite the endless warning signs about how horribly they are run and their unrealistic corporate goals.

I listened to that over an hour podcast on Uber and it's ayn rand loving libertarian CEO, and they didn't seem to have enough time to even cover the self driving ip theft. Too many other shitty Uber things to discuss.

Jag

Saw a funny tweet today about this.

Uber is missing their entire executive team, including the CEO, CFO, COO and CTO. They have finally become a self driving car company.

DJKhaled

Lyft's current tremendous expansion is literally fueled by Uber's astonishingly bad PR and management. Drivers and their cars as it turns out, can move easily from one to the other.

Uber's attempt to destroy Lyft has backfired with the blazing pyrotechnic spectacle of a gaf sex advice thread.

Not sure what that has to do with my post. Lyft is barely in any locations compared to Uber.

No. It's fueled by a shit load of venture capital from folks who missed out on Uber. They undercut Uber on pricing and are throwing out $50 ride incentives all over the place.

The entire rideshare space right now is a giant oven on investor money in order to win market share.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Not sure what that has to do with my post. Lyft is barely in any locations compared to Uber.

Absolutely correct. I'm talking about...

No. It's fueled by a shit load of venture capital from folks who missed out on Uber. They undercut Uber on pricing and are throwing out $50 ride incentives all over the place.

The entire rideshare space right now is a giant oven on investor money in order to win market share.

I'm not talking about their investment I'm talking about individual user switching. You are 100% right about VC and offers and investment. I'm talking about subscription increase and app usage. The VCs are adding stupid garbage like the purple signs.

Top Bottom