• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3

Who wins the trilogy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats the risk you take with boxing and MMA. The top fight or two are the main draw and it could end in the first round. The entire card will be 10+ fights, so the rest can still be good. I've seen a few MMA events and the best fights werent even the main match.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
People are out here paying top dollar to see two of the best in the business have at each other for 2-3 rounds at least. To have it end in the first is some embarrassing and disappointing shit. Usually the main event is the cake and the additional fights are the cherry, but this time around the main card and preliminaries were the entire cake.

you think a first round KO is taking away some of the fun? you must be new to the sport o_ O

I'd want my money back for a Thompson Woodley 2, Izzy vs Romero , etc

watching Conor get thrashed and seeing him break his leg with a bad kick is well worth price of entry

as a Conor fan, it's too bad we couldn't see a character evolution like we have in Poirier. we started to see it in the Nate rematch but after that it seems he just regressed back to his old self. respect to him staying in the game though, guy is a fucking loon I love it 😎

overall another fantastic card ✌️

Last edited:

pr0cs

you think a first round KO is taking away some of the fun? you must be new to the sport o_ O
I feel dirty agreeing with li'l gobbie but he's spot on here, sounds like Altered really is new to the sport or should watch something a little less exciting but more consistent, like equestrian or bowling

dream

I can’t see Conor letting himself lose back-to-back fights to the same opponent, especially after being stopped early the first time. He knows his marketability hinge on a win here.
Jesus Christ I’m so dumb and clearly no longer understand MMA.

Top Bottom