• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UGO in high-level talks to buy 1UP; EGM not part of deal

MechDX

UGO was the shit back in the DC's heyday. Its forums were linked directly to SegaX.com and had a thriving community. Not so much anymore when all the "Hero Machine" shit started hitting and the regulars left.

I actuall still mod the gaming board over there and visit every so often.

GhaleonQ

bistromathics said:
GhaleonQ is not on board.

I was hoping that I could parlay my industry clout (read: being confused for GhaleonEB or GhaleonOne) into stopping this silliness. So, is the public outcry up to 2 now, or is long-form printed video game writing dead in the U.S.?

Zep

Banned
border said:
the pitcher-batter battles were pretty awesome.

They were. I was also hoping they had John Rocker come out the bullpen like a raging drunk...No dice. And I think the game got delayed, which killed some buzz..

Oh well, its a funny memory to have.

Gazunta

Anyone remember back when UGO was just a small group of fan sites? Hell I seem to remember writing for one of them back in the day. Crazy news.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Gazunta said:
Anyone remember back when UGO was just a small group of fan sites? Hell I seem to remember writing for one of them back in the day. Crazy news.

I bet at least one of them still owes you money. :)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
miyamotofreak said:
Uh-oh. These are the same dudes who hired Wombat (from CAG) for their blog. Now, Wombat's my boy and all but that man cannot write.
Personally speaking, a gaming website is only as good as its podcasts. And Wombat is a far more interesting podcaster than most of 1up's guys.

Top Bottom