• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts: Week 12, 2024 (Mar 17 - Mar 23)

Chris tidbits:

It's a fairly busy week for the UK boxed charts, with several new entries making it into the top ten. First up, of course, is Princess Peach: Showtime! coming in at number three. A respectable debut, to be sure, though it wasn't enough to beat EA Sports FC 24 at number one and Capcom's new action RPG Dragon's Dogma II at number two.

The other newcomers are Rise of the Ronin at number five and Alone in the Dark at number six. Overall, considering how long FC 24 has been available at this point, it seems a shame that none of the newcomers could knock it off its perch. Maybe next time, eh?
Other notable changes this week include the complete absence of Unicorn Overlord along with Mario vs. Donkey Kong tumbling down to number twenty-nine. Meanwhile, It Takes Two has seen a healthy boost in sales and rises up to number twelve, while Final Fantasy fever has seemingly gripped Switch owners to bring Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - Twin Pack back into the top forty.

Here's your look at this week's top 40 in full, with platform breakdowns for all of the titles available on other consoles alongside the Switch:

Last WeekThis WeekGamePlatform Split
11EA Sports FC 24PS5 33%, Switch 23%, Xbox 22%, PS4 21%
NEW2Dragon's Dogma II
NEW3Princess Peach: Showtime!
24Hogwarts LegacySwitch 45%, PS5 34%, Xbox 10%, PS4 7%
NEW5Rise of the Ronin
NEW6Alone in the Dark
47Helldivers II
-8Mortal Kombat 11 UltimatePS5 54%, PS4 32%, Xbox 14%, Switch 1%
69Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
910Prince of Persia: The Lost CrownSwitch 46%, PS5 39%, PS4 11%, Xbox 5%
311WWE 2K24
2112It Takes TwoSwitch 65%, PS4 34%, Xbox 0%
1413Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
514Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
715Super Mario Bros. Wonder
916Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
-17Battlefield 2042
818Grand Theft Auto V
1119Minecraft
-20Assassin's Creed Mirage
1221Marvel's Spider-Man 2
1622Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaPS5 49%, Switch 40%, PS4 6%, Xbox 5%
-23The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete Edition
2224Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - RemasteredSwitch 100%, PS4 0%
1725Animal Crossing: New Horizons
2326Red Dead RedemptionPS4 77%, Switch 23%
1327Mortal Kombat 1PS5 86%, Switch 8%, Xbox 6%
-28Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - Twin Pack
1029Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
2430F1 23
-31Nintendo Switch Sports
1832WreckfestPS5 98%, Switch 2%, PS4 0%
-33Bluey: The VideogameSwitch 83%, PS4 7%, PS5 7%, Xbox 4%
1534Resident Evil 4
-35Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
3236Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
3637Need for Speed: Unbound
-38Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
2739The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
-40Octopath Traveler II

[Sales Data Compiled by GfK]

Last edited:
I like football, but hate Fifa/EA Sports. Used to play it up until 2011 but realised its a con of broken AI and the same old poop every year!
I hear you lol. The only football related game I "play" nowadays is Football Manager. I'm religiously doing at least 1 or 2 saves per each new FM release, and it's currently the only PC game I still play. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm from the UK but am happy to admit this country has some of the worst tastes in gaming in the world.

…Because the only viable game for the world’s - and UK’s - most popular sport is at #1? 🙄

I like football, but hate Fifa/EA Sports. Used to play it up until 2011 but realised its a con of broken AI and the same old poop every year!

There’s no other credible alternative. I used to be a Pro Evo guy until Konami shit the bed

Kacho

514Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
chris farley what the fuck GIF

Woopah

Not especially big launch for DD2, Peach or Ronin this week, a bit underwhelming.

FIFA selling more on switch then Xbox and almost selling more on ps4 too 😭
I wonder if this will make EA stop doing Legacy Editions for Switch and instead do proper ports.

Top Bottom