• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Retail Sales Week 46 (Fallout 76 >80% down over Fallout 4)

01 (NE) SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (01) RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (TAKE 2)
03 (NE) FALLOUT 76 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
04 (NE) POKEMON LET'S GO, PIKACHU! (NINTENDO)
05 (03) FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (NE) POKEMON LET'S GO, EEVEE! (NINTENDO)
07 (02) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (NE) FORTNITE: DEEP FREEZE BUNDLE (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
09 (06) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
10 (NE) HITMAN 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

Let's Go Pikachu debuted at No.4 and Let's Go Eevee came in at No.6, but if sales of the two had been combined, then the games would have debuted at No.1.
Fallout 76 - an online multiplayer take on the franchise - was not expected to sell as strongly as Fallout 4. Of course, any new game from Bethesda Game Studios is still a major release, yet this title has got off to a slow start. Fallout 76 debuts at No.3, and sales are down 82.4 per cent compared with the previous game in the franchise - 2015's Fallout 4.
Hitman 2 was the other big adult release of the week and it, too, had a weaker-than-usual opening. IO Interactive's stealth game debuts at No.10. The last Hitman title was an episodic digital release, so comparisons are impossible to make. Compared with 2012's Hitman Absolution, launch physical sales of Hitman 2 are down 90 per cent.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...top-hyper-competitive-week-at-uk-games-retail

Last edited:

Roitorb

I thought the rumour was that fallout was doing shit and Pokemon was doing great in the U.K.?

Oh and what’s wrong with Eevee?

SPYRO!
I thought the rumour was that fallout was doing shit and Pokemon was doing great in the U.K.?

Oh and what’s wrong with Eevee?
Given Pokemon would be 1 if you combine both versions, and Fallout 76 sales are down 82.4%, and Fallout released 2 days sooner than Pokemon, seems the rumors are pretty accurate to me.

EDMIX

Well Fallout 76 isn't like Fallout 4 so.....not really comparable. Would be like trying to base Skyrim sales for ESO or something.

jadedm17

Well Fallout 76 isn't like Fallout 4 so.....not really comparable. Would be like trying to base Skyrim sales for ESO or something.

Solid assessment as someone who follows the industry....
As a consumer? Fallout is Fallout.
It's a very fair comparison to make.

seph1roth

Pokemon numbers are on par with X/Y versions, and without counting digital which of course will be a lot higher than X/Y was on 3DS.

Knowing the reduced console market of Switch un UK compared with 3DS the day X/Y launched, i think those numbers are amazing.

Fallout 76? Fuck It...still waiting for another New Vegas.

woigemok

Banned
A bug ridden game like Fallout 76 still managed to gross that much is disgusting tbh. Hitman 2 is very unfortunate with the release date despite being review really well. Pokemon did better than I expected.

It's refreshing to see a lot of mascot games in the chart

Last edited:

EDMIX

Don't blame the engine for the poor sales. -Kotaku

I think its fair. I don't really think most are buying it or won't buy based on engine. SImply that many who like Fallout, also like the SP concept of it and being a MMO of sorts isn't going to make them love MMOs suddenly. Regardless of engine.

If I don't care for a genre, a new engine isn't going to make it suddenly buy and play a concept I don't like already.

woigemok

Banned
I think Fallout 76 will tarnish the engine name more than ever. Combined with the server connection at the top you will get a cluster of a shit show the game.

If they polish this engine up for TES6, they will still be polishing up a turd. Bugs that were around with the launch of Fallout 4 and never fixed, are back in Fallout 76. Bugs that were around with the launch of Skyrim and never fixed, were back in Fallout 4 and it goes back, all the way to Oblivion.

Gamebryo must die or Bethesda will die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom