• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2(ps3) platinum trophy bug?

shaddam

So I finished uncharted 2 on crushing today, but my platinum not popped. Anybody had similar problems?
PJ7ZsnT.jpg

Fahdis

Did you start the game at Crushing in options or did you change settings ingame? That's the only reason it won't pop. Maybe you changed it for a second and not even have realized?

dotnotbot

So I finished uncharted 2 on crushing today, but my platinum not popped. Anybody had similar problems?
PJ7ZsnT.jpg
It's a rare bug that can happen sometimes, second post has 100% working solution but it's painful, try others first:

Did you start the game at Crushing in options or did you change settings ingame? That's the only reason it won't pop. Maybe you changed it for a second and not even have realized?

He's missing platinum only, look at the counter saying 47/48, that includes platinum. Crushing trophy popped up fine.

Last edited:

Fahdis

It's a rare bug that can happen sometimes, second post has 100% working solution but it's painful, try others first:

He's missing platinum only, look at the counter saying 47/48, that includes platinum. Crushing trophy popped up fine.

Wow that does really suck.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
An intentional bug telling you to upgrade to the superior ps4 version. Blame Jim if you have to.

The remaster collection really is a much better experience. Especially the first game, which has pretty terrible screen tearing on PS3. But the other games are also much nicer at 60fps and higher resolution.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wtf man I’m sorry that’s happened. As to the linked advice; re-earning every Uncharted trophy is a big no no from me, the collectibles are always a nightmare.

Fahdis

Which won't have a Platinum trophy at all so.....

The Remastered games had their own Platinums. But on PC it is impossible unless buying on Epic. Personally, I stopped caring about Platinums. Its just one extra achievement tying it all up.

Last edited:
That's weird. I've never seen that.

My suggestion would be to start a new game and do anything that normally would pop a trophy to see if that forces another check.

Topher

Gold Member
The Remastered games had their own Platinums. But on PC it is impossible unless buying on Epic. Personally, I stopped caring about Platinums. Its just one extra achievement tying it all up.

Wait......playing a PS game on EGS unlocks PS trophies?

shaddam

On a closer look in the chapter select I'm missing one treasure in chapter 25, but I have all 100. Went a quick run but its looks like all of them is already picked up (as should be):messenger_weary:
Why I am playing the ps3 version: I bought my ps3 with uc2 almost 12 years ago. I missed 2-3 trophies so I thought It would be decent to earn the platinum after all that time. I have the ps4 version but that is not the same...
I will give it a few days rest. Now i will drink something
and try not to cry :messenger_loudly_crying:

dotnotbot

I was really suprised by these tweets. Am I not allowed to play older games on older gen consoles?:messenger_crying:

Nah, don't worry, you're not the only one still trophy hunting on PS3. I still have a backlog of around 20 more games to plat on PS3 that didn't get a remaster for PS4, like for example MGS 4, original Mirror's Edge, Puppeteer, Ratchet & Clank games, Sly 4 and so on.
I love PS3 so much.

Last edited:

Eimran

You can check in chapter select whether you finished it on crushing or not. That way you'll know which chapters you still have to finish on crushing rather than starting the game all over again. Perhaps you changed difficulty somewhere half way.

Eimran

I was really suprised by these tweets. Am I not allowed to play older games on older gen consoles?:messenger_crying:
Ignore these retards. They think that gaming is only about getting the newest battle royale gimmick or the next GTA V release. I even still play PS2 and PS one games on occasion. You enjoy what you want.

The first Uncharted game was my first Platinum back in the day.

I hated those difficulty trophies most games used to have, second only to those online trophies we now can't get because online communities are dead, lmao.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I bought a PS3 last week and played through Mirror's Edge on it.
You do what the hell you want and have your fun my man!
Handshake Reaction GIF
I bought a used PS3 last year specifically so I could play all of those mid-tier shooters and beat 'em ups that were coming out left and right during that gen. I love it.

dc543g0-a2fa7eba-cfcf-4830-a06e-a80b6badc137.gif

I bought a PS3 last week and played through Mirror's Edge on it.
You do what the hell you want and have your fun my man!
Handshake Reaction GIF
I bought a used PS3 last year specifically so I could play all of those mid-tier shooters and beat 'em ups that were coming out left and right during that gen. I love it.

dc543g0-a2fa7eba-cfcf-4830-a06e-a80b6badc137.gif
Nah, don't worry, you're not the only one still trophy hunting on PS3. I still have a backlog of around 20 more games to plat on PS3 that didn't get a remaster for PS4, like for example MGS 4, original Mirror's Edge, Puppeteer, Ratchet & Clank games, Sly 4 and so on.
I love PS3 so much.

My brethren.

High Five World Series GIF by MLB

Last edited:

mitch1971

I've been revisiting ps3 trophy lists, mainly to get 100percent on the lists of old games with dlc. Bought about 10 ps3 games for around a tenner and the cheap DLC offers when they come around. It's been great revisiting older games to finish off.

Top Bottom