• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Defeat coming to PS5, Xbox, Switch, and PC this winter

Under-Defeat-Ann_04-06-24-768x432.jpg

Source - Gematsu

City Connection and G.rev will release Under Defeat for PlayStation 5, Xbox, Switch, and PC via Steam this winter, the companies announced.

The game is based on Under Defeat HD, which was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

New features include:
  • New music (Boosted)—a new background music set composed by Shinji Hosoe.
  • Contribution and rank display function.
  • Communications subtitles display function.
  • And more.
Further details were not announced.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Under-Defeat-Ann_04-06-24-768x432.jpg

Source - Gematsu

City Connection and G.rev will release Under Defeat for PlayStation 5, Xbox, Switch, and PC via Steam this winter, the companies announced.

The game is based on Under Defeat HD, which was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

New features include:
  • New music (Boosted)—a new background music set composed by Shinji Hosoe.
  • Contribution and rank display function.
  • Communications subtitles display function.
  • And more.
Further details were not announced.
I’ve waited forever to play this one.

Sucks it’s city connection as their ports are mid at best compared to M2 shot triggers.

Oh well.

IAmRei

I love the art back then. Unfortunately im done with shooting games now, i like longer games for now. And raystorm/crisis/layer section is still enough for me.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Always loved this game, had it on the Dreamcast back when it first came out. I never did get to play the HD version, which I think played a bit different with a wider play field compared to the vertical orientation of the origin.

RobRSG

This game used to run in slow motion on the more than horrible PS3 version. X360 is way better on this one.

Excellent game, but let’s hope the porting effort is excellent too!

Naked Lunch

Great game that still plays best on Dreamcast. The 360 port just wasnt as good - with some weird performance issues.
Glad to see this on modern consoles.

Neon Xenon

Cool. I like Under Defeat, but with City Connection involved, I'm going to wait and see how the finished release turns out before I buy it.

That said, I'm happy to have another way to play Under Defeat, even though I didn't get into the New Order (haha) mode in the HD version all that much. Getting subtitles for the radio communications in-game is nice, so now I can actually understand what the hell is being said (outside of Stage 2, I recall most of that being in English).

Interested to hear the new Boosted tracks. The original OST is still great.

RobRSG

Great game that still plays best on Dreamcast. The 360 port just wasnt as good - with some weird performance issues.
Glad to see this on modern consoles.
Try the PS3 version then you will see that the X360 is doing very well on the New Order mode.

Top Bottom