• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universal and Mattel are working on a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em movie. Vin Diesel to stare and produce.

Kadve

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-em-sock-em-robots-movie-for-universal-mattel

Vin Diesel is set to star in and produce a live-action feature version of the tabletop boxing game Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

Mattel Films is behind the project and is partnering with Universal, the studio behind Diesel's beloved Fast & Furious franchise.
Ryan Engle, the writer behind Dwayne Johnson starrer Rampage, penned the screenplay for the action-adventure, which follows a father and son who form an unlikely bond with an advanced war machine.

Diesel and Samantha Vincent will produce via One Race Films. Kevin McKeon will oversee the project for Mattel.

Mattel is in the works on live-action adaptations of their other game and toy IPs, including Barbie, Barney, Hot Wheels and Magic 8 Ball. With Universal, the company is developing a feature version of the popular 90s tv series Wishbone.

Diesel, who will next be seen in the long-awaited F9, is represented by CAA and Linden Entertainment. Engle is represented by CAA.

Who asked for this? Plot also sounds like a complete ripoff of Real Steel for anyone who remembers that movie.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-em-sock-em-robots-movie-for-universal-mattel

Who asked for this? Plot also sounds like a complete ripoff of Real Steel for anyone who remembers that movie.
I immediately thought of real steel reading the blurb. I have a fond spot for that movie, even though it was average at best. Can't imagine Diesel will be considering such a self effacing role though - he will probably be the only human capable of taking on the robots due to his godlike powers that he gained from being so attractive to the opposite sex.

Prison Mike

Banned
The Shining Reaction GIF

And producing what a genius

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Wasn't this already a Wolverine movie?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Vin, FFS stop messing about with shit like this and get on and make your Hannibal the Conqueror film/s.

I'm sure the public would rather see a live action Punic War than this garbled trash.

Edit:

Wait. Universal also wants to make a move based on the fucking Magic 8 ball?!?! Fucking hell that's dumb. That's the dumbest idea since the Battleship movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom