• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UT2004 - Editor's Choice Edition Announced

DSN2K

Atari and Epic Games Announce Unreal Tournament 2004 - Editor's Choice Edition to Be Available This Fall
Editor's Choice Edition Brings New Maps For Fan-Favorite Onslaught Mode, New Vehicles and New Characters As Well As The Best Community-Made Game Mods From the Worldwide Unreal Community

Added content in Unreal Tournament 2004 - Editor's Choice Edition will include:

-- New Maps for Onslaught Mode: Several new and never-before-seen environments for the new and mega-popular Onslaught mode, created by the masterminds at Epic Games, are being added. New maps will include never-before-seen areas as well as previously released maps created for Windows XP. Onslaught is an epic-in-scope team-based challenge that pits two teams in bitter warfare across massive terrain maps in a frag-filled battle to destroy, capture and hold key power nodes. Vehicles play a major role as war-hardened flying and driving machines transport combatants to the "front" and serve as mobile platforms to launch devastating attacks on the enemy.

-- New Vehicles: Three new vehicles are being added for Onslaught mode to help gamers tear up the countryside and bring their enemies to their knees. New battle machinery includes the Cicada, a two seat air vehicle; the Paladin, a deadly new tank that includes a player-oriented directional shield; and the Self Propelled Mobile Artillery (SPMA), a long-range artillery vehicle with a deployable hovering spotter camera.

-- New Characters: Six new characters crafted by Epic Games will join the bloodthirsty lineup of techno-gladiators for players to choose from and play as, including two MetalGuard mercenaries, two Mecha Skaarj and two Necris characters.

-- The Best Community-Made Game Modifications: Unreal Tournament 2004 boasts one of the most robust player communities in all of video games, and, with the tools included game, this community is able to alter gameplay and in some cases, completely change the way Unreal Tournament 2004 is played. Epic Games' "Make Something Unreal" Contest has been challenging this community to bring their mods to a professional level and the community has answered the call. Epic has selected the best of the best, and those AAA community-made games will be included in Unreal Tournament 2004 - Editor's Choice Edition. With several new and unique ways to play Unreal Tournament 2004 fans of the series both new and old are in for a huge variety of gameplay experiences.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - Editor's Choice Edition will be available worldwide this Fall for personal computer with an estimated retail price of $39.99. Unreal Tournament 2004 is now available in both a standard CD and a DVD Edition format. Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Edition is a double-DVD set - disk one includes all of the game content while disk two includes hours of Video Training Modules (VTMs) from 3D Buzz that teach fans and amateur mod makers how to use the Unreal Editor to create custom game content.

might pick it up.

Slo

So are the new vehicles going to be available to those of us who, you know, already paid money for the game?

Uhh, yeah, I wanna know that too. I mean, they have to include all that extra content in a free patch for us loyal customers who already have purchased the game.

Tellaerin

Error Macro said:
Uhh, yeah, I wanna know that too. I mean, they have to include all that extra content in a free patch for us loyal customers who already have purchased the game.

I'm sure they will. This is the equivalent of the Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition, which featured the retail game, bonus pack material, and some high-profile mods on CD.

DSN2K

Mark Rein :)

everything that's new for this version will be released online for free for owners of existing versions. This is simply a way to refresh the product, with all the new Epic-created stuff and publisher-tested versions of our favorite mods, in time for Xmas. UT2004 is selling extremely well and it never hurts to do a refresh version that gets more attention in retail in time for Xmas. There may be some more goodies in there as well that have not been announced yet but again, nothing that won't also be available online for existing customers

epmode

i love ut2k4. might be my game of the year, even though i haven't put too much time into it, due to a lousy videocard.

Top Bottom