• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception PS4/Vita launches May 23 in the Americas and Europe

Same day as Summon Night 6. Oh man, May gonna be another expensive month for me.

For sure getting this on Vita though.

Hopefully, us Europe peons will also get that artbook and slipcase. Otherwise I might have to import.
Will have to get used reading "Oshtor" instead of "Oshutoru". Hopefully Atlus had a good reason to romanize his name that way because it would have been easier to just go for the name that anime watchers are already used to.

So how is the anime? I want to get this but I heard you should play through the first game first (which never came out in the west, so I guess the anime is the only option)

Shizuka

Game's out next week and it's shaping up to be my favorite 2017 release so far.

So how is the anime? I want to get this but I heard you should play through the first game first (which never came out in the west, so I guess the anime is the only option)

I've watched the anime for the first game and it was enough for me to get it going. You don't have to play the first game to pick this up, just watch the anime.

So I played this long ago on PC, seeking out a grid based tactical RPG similar to Disgaea.

It's, ok. That's a good price though so give it a shot if you like anime RPGs.

So I played this long ago on PC, seeking out a grid based tactical RPG similar to Disgaea.

It's, ok. That's a good price though so give it a shot if you like anime RPGs.

I'm assuming you played the first game in the trilogy, considering it's the only one on PC. This is the 2nd game and it's sequel comes out later this year.

With that said, this isn't exactly a series someone should look into if they want something along the lines of Disgaea. Disgaea has quite a bit more focus on the gameplay, where as this focuses on the story. It's a visual novel first and a strategy game second.

Top Bottom