• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve on other handhelds: "The More the Merrier"

IFireflyl

Gold Member
This is exactly the problem. It is, to me, utterly unacceptable. It should never be required.

You're blinded by your adoration of Steam.

No, you're blinded by your own ignorance. Even in the Offline Mode link that you posted previously, they specifically tell you that you have to launch most games once after downloading before going into Offline Mode:

Initial game start-up
Most games require an initial start-up while connected to the Steam Network before they will work in offline mode. If your game's status is "100% - Ready", but you receive the message "This game cannot be started in Offline Mode" when attempting to play offline, the Steam client and/or game files need to be updated.

Blaming Valve for your inability to understand this is ridiculous. Besides, even if you were upset by this once, that is one event. If this is happening more than once, then how stupid does someone have to be to keep making the same mistake over and over? After downloading a game (which required that you have internet and be connected), just launch the game, even if you don't intend to play it right then. Problem solved.

Good luck, man.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

How do people even manage to play games these days? Everything is wrong with everything it seems.
Valve is bad, GamePass is bad, every digital platform is bad and discs are useless..
Seems like the only way is to play is the good old cartridges from the NES/SNES era.. fuckin whining everywhere.
I've been using Steam since forever and have had ZERO issues. Same with other platforms. Zero issues. All my games works perfectly all the time. I had more issues in the NES era, when I had to blow air into the cartridges to make them work now and then.

Last edited:

Tams

No, you're blinded by your own ignorance. Even in the Offline Mode link that you posted previously, they specifically tell you that you have to launch most games once after downloading before going into Offline Mode:

Which is unacceptable to me for something I paid money for. Hence why I don't buy anything from Steam or even Valve anymore.

How do people even manage to play games these days? Everything is wrong with everything it seems.
Valve is bad, GamePass is bad, every digital platform is bad and discs are useless..
Seems like the only way is to play is the good old cartridges from the NES/SNES era.. fuckin whining everywhere.
I've been using Steam since forever and have had ZERO issues. Same with other platforms. Zero issues. All my games works perfectly all the time. I had more issues in the NES era, when I had to blow air into the cartridges to make them work now and then.

Easy. I buy physical or from GOG.

Kokoloko85

Suits Valve business model.
Get everyone else to do the work, let Steam make the money.

From Software developer to Store
Owner.
Hardware developer to... store owner again lol

Make HL3 ffs

Last edited:

RGB'D

Whatever gets your member throbbing.

I just want to access my PS library on a handheld.
And I want to access my Xbox, PS and PC library on whichever handheld has the specs that I want. Thats a significantly better proposition

Last edited:
Top Bottom