• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG artist tthread

neptunes

I found these..

Mechanical designer Yoji Shinkawa, creator of Metal Gears Rex and Ray, says he's faced a different challenge while working on the game. Past Metal Gears have had the advantage of taking place in the near future, which allows a designer to play fast and loose with the limitations of technlogy. Shinkawa's work in Zone of the Enders, meanwhile, had no limitations at all. Creating something realistic within the context of a past time, though, imposes some constraints. "There's a person on the team who works with me and helps me come up with the older designs, not just for the mecha but also for the characters," he says. "This guy is a really hard-core fan of that subject, and we do a lot of work together to give the designs that '60s flavor. But in all honesty, it's hard for me. It's easier to work on futuristic designs, where my designs wouldn't be limited at all. When I have to go back in time, I can't come up with something totally wild-looking -- it has to have those ties to past history."

0%2C3363%2Csz%3D1%26i%3D41558%2C00.jpg

Naora is definetly Square's best artist. Although Nomura is really good when he's at the top of his game which is usually not when he's doing a FF. He's much better doing start up stuff like KH, PE or The Bouncer.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Feng Zhu <<<

If you hadn't mentioned a name, I would have assumed that work was by Keith Giffen.

Ryu

Whoever did the art for Guilty Gear and the art for Vagrant Story all deserve nods. I also want to say that Nomura is awesome as well. He did do the Bouncer illustrations if I'm not mistaken and those were very well done in my opinion.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>I love that Magna Carta artist. So awesome.<<<

And he's playing a GP32.

RiZ III

pd3_edge_proto01.jpg

pd3_gash_steed1.jpg

pd3_atolm2.jpg

pd3_azelbed.jpg

pd2_sat_dra.jpg

pd2_BOY.jpg

Not sure who did the art in all the panzer games but I know Katsumi Yokota did a lot of the art for Panzer Dragoon saga. I find it interesting that two of the most magical things about Panzer Dragoon Saga, the music and the artwork, were both done by women.

Heres a non game piece from Yokota. She also worked on Rez.
6.jpg

JackFrost2012 said:
SolidsnakeX: That art is awesome, could we have a game and/or artist to go with it? ;P

It's from Drakengard. Square never would give the name of the aritst when they were asked in interviews. All they'd say is it was just a guy on their staff that happened to be an artist so they let him do the art.

XS+

Banned
neptunes said:
pocket.gif

the infamous brush pen by pentel (har to find)

used by Shinkawa himself.

I have to buy one.
My pen of choice when I draw stuff (not the Pentel but another brand). Covers pencil lines alot better than regular pens.

XS+

Banned
Oh and I couldn't tell you where to find E-Suzuki (Sin and Punishment, Ikaruga) artwork, but his style rocks.

Top Bottom