• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Commercials of 1994 - My Life in Gaming

JP

I thought this would be of interest to a few people on here, it goes through quite a bit of information about what was happening in terms of gaming at the time rather than just being a playlist of different commercials.

I love the work that My Life in Gaming do, they really know their stuff and I'd recommend their channel if you have any interest in retro games, particularly the technical side of things and getting the best quality video and audio from your retro systems.

WARNING: Does contain footage of Uniracers!!!

Interesting to see Sega's IR 7000 featuring, it's not a machine that I've heard of before and it seems like a really good idea.

iu

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
That was really interesting. Thanks for posting that.

I used to watch their Youtube channel sometimes, but it’s been a while. I have to check out some more episodes.

120v

brings back so many memories of being up past midnight watching MTV. i can recall almost every single one of those commercials as it were yesterday, though i don't remember 3DO or cd-i ever being marketed as such. nor the sega texting thing

Neo_GAF

Banned
wow, these commercials are amazing.
iam from germany and back then those commercials were the only way to get some info about new games. i was 7 at the time and i was only talking in school or with my cousins about videogames, only when i got 8, i bought magazines to get my news.
those sega commercials are so super cool and rad, even today i would totally buy their stuff with such commercials.

JP

Scopa Scopa
I'm a big fan of their show. They're usually far more technically orientated than this but I still think this has their fingerprints on it, there's far more going on there than just a load of commercials which is probably what you'd get from most people.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Scopa Scopa
I'm a big fan of their show. They're usually far more technically orientated than this but I still think this has their fingerprints on it, there's far more going on there than just a load of commercials which is probably what you'd get from most people.
Yeah, their shows are really well produced. The episode they did where they do a tour of their home “studios” and explain exactly how they make their episodes was fascinating. Really nice guys.

Top Bottom