• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videos from a Street Fighter Tourney

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Yes, probably the 5th time this video has had a thread made about it, but it's still amazing to watch.

Third Strike FTW!! Too bad Capcom skimped on online play in the PS2 version of Street Fighter Collection, i want to kick some real-person ass :madpanda:

heh, sorry eggo. i hadn't seen them here before. i just love it when the crowd goes crazy when Daigo goes in for the kill.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Alucard said:
Wow. That first video with the parrying of Chun-Li's kicks...@_@
Seriously...As much as I hate playing tournament fighters I love watching them with an outstanding player at the controls.

Matlock

Banned
Alucard said:

I've seen it a hundred times and it's just as unimpressive every time.

There's a similar one with Hugo that's actually interesting, due to air parries and a buffer into the hardset move in the game.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Red Scarlet said:
I've seen the Chun-Li vs Ken one before..who ran away?
No one ran away, Daigo (Ken) was getting his health depleted majorly by Wong (Chunners) and it came to the point where Daigo had no health and stayed back, expecting Wong to pull out a special - which he was in the process of doing as well as throwing in kicks to put Daigo off.

Once the special hit, Daigo parried Wong's entire special (something along the lines of catching a bullet in reality) and then moved straight into a kick, punch, special combo that ripped Wong to shreds.

datruth29

Alucard said:

You know, its not even the parrying that makes it so impressive. It's the fact that he did it with no health, against a great player, infront of a ton of screaming people (some of which were routing against him), in the last round of the finals at one of the biggest Street Fighter tournament, and made it look so god damn easy all at the same time. I have heard people say that they would be able to do that same parry into combo, but I very much doubt that they would be able to do it in similar conditions.

Anyanka

Matlock said:
I've seen it a hundred times and it's just as unimpressive every time.

:lol

I like the part in the match where the crowd laughs because both have meter and are going for crouching mk.

3S....best 2d fighter ever!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The guy running away is probably just some fanboy who is too excited/filled with sadness at the victory.

bjork

I can win against whack players too... this Hugo one looks like a practice video, or one of those combo ones they post every so often.

datruth29 said:
You know, its not even the parrying that makes it so impressive. It's the fact that he did it with no health, against a great player, infront of a ton of screaming people (some of which were routing against him), in the last round of the finals at one of the biggest Street Fighter tournament, and made it look so god damn easy all at the same time. I have heard people say that they would be able to do that same parry into combo, but I very much doubt that they would be able to do it in similar conditions.
It was the semifinals, I believe. And It was only Daigo and Wong's first match, going for best of three.

Is there a video anywhere of that entire fight? All I've ever seen is the one linked here that just shows the last 30 seconds of it.

Nick

This was two years ago, and just so you kids know - the videos don't do that moment in gaming justice. I was there, and the crowd just went BERZERK. Truly one of the coolest things I've seen while playing video games.

bjork

Parallax Scroll said:
It was the semifinals, I believe. And It was only Daigo and Wong's first match, going for best of three.

Is there a video anywhere of that entire fight? All I've ever seen is the one linked here that just shows the last 30 seconds of it.

I've got the Evo 2004 dvd here at work, but no way to rip it.

Tabris

That Hugo match is very impressive, but to diss on Diago like that is weak.

Both match videos are amazing. Difference is one was during a famous tournament. I have no clue what the Hugo one was from.

blackadde

bjork said:
I've got the Evo 2004 dvd here at work, but no way to rip it.

eh, the dvd is the only thing that helps the cannons to break even on each evo tourney. you would't steal a game from some hardworking sweatshop coder so ...

Top Bottom