• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Gameplay Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Saints & Sinners is a game unlike any other in The Walking Dead universe. Every challenge you face and decision you make is driven by YOU. Fight the undead, scavenge through the flooded ruins of New Orleans, and face gut-wrenching choices for you and the other survivors. Live The Walking Dead's dark drama in your own skin.

Last edited:

Sota4077

I was just thinking this morning that what I want more than anything right now is another mediocre zombie game on top of the 50 we've already had this generation....

VFXVeteran

Banned
I requested a refund with this game. The controls are really funky and the colors are really washed out.

Last edited:

Romulus

Put about 8 hours in and really like the mechanics and intensity of the world.

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

Completely done with this. They’re literally the walking dead at this point. Just ambling aimlessly in random directions.

I wasn't expecting it, but I'm actually really, really, really liking this game. I loved Arizona Sunshine but it feels SO simple and dated compared to this.

I watched 2 hours of gameplay from different sources. The game looked great and the controls seemed really tight. Interaction being fluid was also a plus, so I bought it. It's done downloading, and I'm setting up my headset. It's time to give it a go.

Romulus

89% rating on Steam, and that's considering alot of the negative reviews were because of a crouching issue that's already been fixed in a patch.

I'm not saying this will be my GOTY, it's too early, but holy fuck it's a good start! It's one of those ultra rare games that I think about when I'm not playing it. Huge surprise.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The logo seems like

The Walking Dead: Mara Salva trucha Edition

I Dont know why... but any VR Game i wanna make this move to the enemies

3c6996b618e37f576e56d653dc9e0327.gif

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Yea, I bought this but then got cold feet with the movement and the controls. I returned it. But after seeing the reviews, I might have to repurchase it and be a little more patient with the game.

Last edited:

Romulus

Yea, I bought this but then got cold feet with the movement and the controls. I returned it. But after seeing the reviews, I might have to repurchase it and be a little more patient with the game.

Took me 3 hours to really get the loop and it just got better and better. It would have been sooner but I was fucking around too much. I concur with Steam reviews, 9/10

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Of note. Currently Saints and SInners does not work with Quest + Virtual Desktop and possibly ALVR. Gives an error message indicating something about wanting to run in native mode.

So if Quest and wireless streaming via Virtual Desktop is your thing at the moment, I'd hold off until word of a fix is published.

Last edited:

Romulus

Just some random sandbox moments I had when doing the review. Game has a LOT going for it.

Because I own the game, I know these moments are awesome, but VR videos of stuff like this just don't translate at all. It makes it look janky when it really isn't.

I love your reviews btw, you've cost me more in games than I like to admit but you haven't let me down.

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

Fantastic game. Worth every penny ,and yet another notch in the growing list of must play VR games.
This game gives me serious ZombieU vibes in all the right ways.

Romulus

Just got the Wolverine claws. Fucking awesoome.

So far the Bow is my favorite weapon, you can stab zombies with the arrows if they get too close.

I really like the meat cleaver too, you hold up a zombie's body and chop them to pieces lol

Last edited:

Romulus

Demoed it to my gf. No sooner than she got acclimated to the controls she noped out when something similar to this happened, trapped in a house.

She ripped off the headset. :( can't blame her really.

Last edited:

Karak

Because I own the game, I know these moments are awesome, but VR videos of stuff like this just don't translate at all. It makes it look janky when it really isn't.

I love your reviews btw, you've cost me more in games than I like to admit but you haven't let me down.
lol Interesting. Its sold a LOT of copies lol. I think more than the review did

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just some random sandbox moments I had when doing the review. Game has a LOT going for it.

The game looks super fun actually!
Shame index is so expensive... as it seems the best. I've not watched the livestream. any short impressions on S vs Index with this game?

Last edited:

Romulus

The game looks super fun actually!
Shame index is so expensive... as it seems the best. I've not watched the livestream. any short impressions on S vs Index with this game?

I haven't seen in comparisons, I'm loving it with the Rift S though. I'm about midway through my second playthrough.

Stitch

Gold Member

Having a blast with the new sinner mode in saints and sinners so I made a video of me playing with the kung fu fighting song.

This new mode can be turned on by going to: C:/users/your name/appdata/local/TWD/Saved/config/windowsNoEditor from there select Gameusersettings.ini in that list near the bottom you'll see a line that says bSinner=False. change that to bSinner=True and save it. This will activate sinner mode and no progress will be saved or lost in this mode, it's just for fun. once in the game press pause and you'll see a new cheats menu, turn everything on, it will turn your hands into weapons and give you infinite health and stamina. Activate bells to get the zombies coming faster. have fun! To go back to normal mode you'll have to edit that .ini file back to false.

chixdiggit

Been patiently waiting for a sale for this on Steam. Need something VR to dive into after Half Life Alyx.
Cool that PSVR is getting a port.

Top Bottom