• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want a psp and haven't preodered?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I work for Target if you haven't preodered and you really want one Target or Walmart are your best. I would really avoid Best buy and video game stores. My store got 50 in friday night. We are a double AA volume store and dont know if we'll get anymore before launch. Just go to your local target early and line up you should have no trouble getting one.

evil ways

Problem is there isn't a Target in my area, and I would hate to drive for hours just to get a PSP.

I just got both TRU's and CompUSA's flyers with today's newspaper and they will have the Value Pack for $249.99 on the 24th. No bundle, no catch, so I'll try my luck there.

when will the stores get the secons shipment of PSP´s?

my friend who is in the states now wont have time to pick it up for me on the launch date, and he is in USA untill the 1 april.

so if the first million is sold out the first day, how long till it be until sony delivers the second shippment of PSP´s?

Bristow

Banned
I'm just gonna walk into Wal-Mart at midnight on Thursday and pick one up. If they don't have them out ready, you can ask an employee to get you one from the back.

The Wal-Mart here has signs at the front doors advertising the PSP, but I don't forsee having to line up or anything.

Belfast

Hehe, I was going to do that, but luckily a regional chain started their preorders on Saturday. I think I was #10 on their list so I should be guaranteed one on launch day. I'll just have to get the games elsewhere (sans Wipeout, which they will be selling at launch for $33.

Brannon

I hope they sell out, the quicker the better. Means a quicker hardware revision model for me. Hurry up and buy them plebians!

quin

I think Sam Goody would be another place to try. A friend who works their said at first they weren't going to be getting the PSP and then all of a sudden they are getting them so no reserves were taken.

There was one in a case (stickered at $299) in the local paintball/comics/games/geek shop, kid behind the counter was very enthusiastic about PSP even though I just went in to see what they might have on the shelf worth dropping some worthless trades in on (maybe God of War next week).

I entertained him by pretending to not know much about the PSP and see what he had to say. He was mostly about Tony Hawk UG on-the-go, and almost didn't want to talk about God of War and the now-apparently passe PS2...

Anyway, check your local comics/games shop if you have such a store, they might have some.

My local BestBuy sold their first shipment already. I suggest you call ahead because some got it in early and have sold out already.

kokomo

So best buy is already selling their psps?

I should make it out ok, what with a target RIGHT NEXT to my best buy.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Is 50 the typical number for a Target? I've been planning on Target all along since I have $300 in store credit there that I need to get rid of. Going at lunch should be ok right?

SnowWolf said:
Is 50 the typical number for a Target? I've been planning on Target all along since I have $300 in store credit there that I need to get rid of. Going at lunch should be ok right?

By lunch they will most likely be gone.

Belfast

DJ Brannon said:
I hope they sell out, the quicker the better. Means a quicker hardware revision model for me. Hurry up and buy them plebians!

A quicker hardware revision? Wouldn't it selling fast give them *less* incentive to go ahead and put the money into new hardware fixes? They should be content to sell what they have if people will buy it (unless they can somehow make the hardware cheaper for them to produce, of course).

Brannon

But if they sell faster, then more people will be able to post what problems there are that exist in the current model, which will add up faster and force Sony to fix the issue. Though it could go the other way, too...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
DJ Brannon said:
But if they sell faster, then more people will be able to post what problems there are that exist in the current model, which will add up faster and force Sony to fix the issue. Though it could go the other way, too...

You're so idealistic :)

DJ Brannon said:

Uh, the problems were with the Japanese units. The American units are lighter, sturdier and the sqaure button is 100% responsive.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm gonna try and hit the Levittown and Hicksville Target - leave work at like 8:45 (take an early break) and then hoepfully get there by 9. My brother will be searching stores in Suffolk for me (he was smart and already preordered), so hopefully I can get it Thursday. So Best Buy isn't a good idea? Thanks for the news...

Everytime a new system comes out I try this. Almost every time I fail. Do not underestimate the abilities of elderly people to wake up extremely early to buy something that their grandchildren want. I've missed out on quite a few things, regardless of how many systems my local Chicago Targets get.

Semjaza Azazel said:
Everytime a new system comes out I try this. Almost every time I fail. Do not underestimate the abilities of elderly people to wake up extremely early to buy something that their grandchildren want. I've missed out on quite a few things, regardless of how many systems my local Chicago Targets get.

Haha, true, damn those elderly people with so much time on their hands.

My Best Buy had 210 in stock on Thursday. They expect to have around 400 of them on hand when they open their doors on the 24th. Quit creating false hype.

ManaByte

Days like these... said:
I work for Target if you haven't preodered and you really want one Target or Walmart are your best. I would really avoid Best buy and video game stores. My store got 50 in friday night. We are a double AA volume store and dont know if we'll get anymore before launch. Just go to your local target early and line up you should have no trouble getting one.

Not true. People tried that with the PS2 launch and the Target near where I was living at the time had 200 people camping out over night for a store that had something like 50 systems.

The line started at 9pm the night before.

I have found that people are generally not quite as enthusiastic about handhelds in this regard. Unless the PSP has some sort of general awareness going for it that is far higher than the GBA, GBA SP and the DS, I don't forsee people camping out at any department/retail store to that extent. Consoles seem to be subject to very different buying rules.

I'm honestly not expecting to have a very hard time picking this up on launch day at the local Best Buy. The main enemies are the early birds, generally. I could be wrong here, I don't know how much more the PSP may or may not be anticipated by the general buying public compared to Nintendo's past handhelds.

evil ways

Well, at least the 2 stores I'm going to check out have closed access during the night. Meaning that the parking lot to TRU is closed and nobody can stand outside them until at least 7-8am and CompUSA is inside the mall.

Alex

I intend to try to get one at Best Buy, simply so I can put a warranty on it. First gen Sony hardware, after all. Does Circuit City do the Warranty gig as well?

Well this screwed up my plans of getting a dead pixel free PSP and also picking up an extended warranty but Circuit City is only offering a Twisted Metal PSP package for the first week. It's 289.99, it was in sundays circular for anyone curious. Not sure what the hell i'm going to do for my personal unit since Best Buy has a pretty anal return policy and anywhere else with a liberal return policy doesn't offer an extended warranty plan. Before anyone else says not to worry about one or two dead pixels you can save it, my eyes are sensitive as hell and stuff like a few dead pixels would drive me up the wall lol.

Ecrofirt

So there's still no price for just the system itself? It doesn't matter if it's not shipping now.

And what's in the value pack?

Dead pixels are noticable instantly, so you should fall under most store's return policies (even the two week ones at places such as Best Buy). I've had the issue with handhelds and have returned them successfully at many stores.

Your main risk is that they won't have one for exchange, but they would at least refund your money.

jiggle

michael000 said:
Well this screwed up my plans of getting a pixel free PSP but Circuit City is only offering a Twisted Metal PSP package for the first week. It's 289.99, it was in sundays circular for anyone curious.

How does it screw up the chance for a deadpixel free PSP? All of those store offers exchange no? Or did you mean there's no units in stock to exchange with?

PSP+TwistecMetal is 289.99 everywhere.

Ecrofirt said:
And what's in the value pack?

Amir0x is sad.
http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=1061399&postcount=1

Yeah, called Circuit City. They said you would have to buy Spiderman 2 or Twisted Metal =/ I forgot to ask if they would have an extended warranty. Anyone know for sure?

bantha

If anyone is in Orlando the EB games across from UCF has about 10 preorders left to take they got more than they thought they would. Cool staff there too, no bundles, and a $10 rebate for buying Twisted Metal and Wipeout. Both of which were free because of their trade special on them. So I just got PSP w/ 2 games for 239.99!

JPRaup

Banned
I need to get one, to w/o preorder

My Circuit City, Best Buy, Compusa, Target, Media Play, FYE, Toys R' Us, are all within a 5 mile radius of each other, then Im going to EBgames and trading in

Counterstrike
SSX3
XBOX Exhibition Vol 5 (Anyone know if I can trade this in????)
Rainbow Six
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Resident Evil Zero (GC)

to get
Wipeout Pure
Twisted Metal:HO

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jiggle said:
PSP+TwistecMetal is 289.99 everywhere.

Yes, but at Circuit City you HAVE to buy Twisted Metal with the PSP. That's their bundle

Toys R Us isn't doing a bundle..forgot what other stores

JPRaup said:
XBOX Exhibition Vol 5 (Anyone know if I can trade this in????)

It works, but you might have a wise-ass employee that'll try to refuse it. If he does, he's bullshitting. But it is eligible for the trade in (volume 3 and newer)

Top Bottom