• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: How Donald Trump retooled his charity to spend other people’s money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

Trump is an idiot? A bigot? A racist? Small hands, too. This is all well documented. It's not an insult if it's true.

Right, and although they're low effort posts, they're reasonable to post and they're posted nearly every day. But then why can't we talk about Hillary?

Noirulus

In this one thread?

Dunno. Ask the mod.

Otherwise, you're just derailing.

It is derailing, but I think it's something that everybody deserves to know the answer to, because if we don't make the right type of posts we get banned? Y2Kev himself said "One warning". This is not something personal that should be discussed in PMs.

Right, and although they're low effort posts, they're reasonable to post and they're posted nearly every day. But then why can't we talk about Hillary?

Cause this thread isn't about Hillary. Trump shitposting is bad enough (I just did a few posts up
sorry I'm trying to stop
), shitposting about a topic tangential to the OP is unnecessary and happens constantly in these threads.

Still don't understand why we can't talk about Hillary, though. Reading through that thread it's not too clear what the issue is, but that might be because a lot of the posts were deleted?

It is derailing, but I think it's something that everybody deserves to know the answer to, because if we don't make the right type of posts we get banned? Y2Kev himself said "One warning". This is not something personal that should be discussed in PMs.

It's a warning not to say "BUT WHAT ABOUT HI-". If you want to bring in a discussion comparing how Trump's charity foundation seems to have aspects of pay-to-play to it, and how his critcisms of the Clinton Foundation are hypocritical when he has his own charity foundation acting in dubious ways and accepting donations and spending it in dubious manners, I'm sure that's totally okay.

If you're just gonna come in and say "yeah this is not a great look BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION" it's just a totally worthless post and everyone's tired of seeing that shit.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
It is derailing, but I think it's something that everybody deserves to know the answer to, because if we don't make the right type of posts we get banned? Y2Kev himself said "One warning"

I don't know if you saw it, but before this thread was re-opened it was almost literally nothing but memes that had nothing to do with the topic. It's likely just a warning not to start it all over again after the offending posts were deleted.

Noirulus
Banned
(Today, 10:01 PM)

Welp.

Staying on topic, this is a little more insane than the usual Trump nonsense we see on a daily basis. And yet, just like with everything else, I can't really say I'm surprised.

Fat4all

Banned
What are the odds that this or the Bondi donation lead to some sort of charges against Trump or the Trump Foundation?

I doubt there'll be anything major before the election, but after the election I feel like a lot of people are gonna be pissed at Don.

What are the odds that this or the Bondi donation lead to some sort of charges against Trump or the Trump Foundation?

iirc he was fined for the illegal Bondi donation, no criminal charges. They talked about it on one of the most recent episodes of the Trumpcast.

Ponn

Banned
Didn't that money he promised the VA's just a little while ago end up coming from this Trump Foundation as well? Seems like this is his MO, laundering donations from charities and political donations into his own pockets. Surely he would never do this as President or worse.

Glasshole

Banned
Didn't that money he promised the VA's just a little while ago end up coming from this Trump Foundation as well? Seems like this is his MO, laundering donations from charities and political donations into his own pockets. Surely he would never do this as President or worse.

I think it's actually harder to do this stuff when you're President? Checks ans balances, even more media attention?

At least one of those donations came from his own personal account. Of course, those checks were sent out the same day the media started sniffing around looking for them. I'm sure he used his personal account for appearances sake. He's probably already found a way to pay himself back.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
The whole thing feels like a scam where Trump's friends give money to his charity for tax purposes, then Trump turns around and uses that money to further his own agendas. Win, win.

When they get caught he can just blame it all on Meredith McIver or John Barron. Easy peasy.

The exact same thing ran through my head. I am pretty sure this is it.

Cyan

Banned
Sheesh. For anyone still confused, Y2Kev's warning was for the dozen+ Hillary supporters who rushed in to shit up the thread making sarcastic "but what about Hillary tho" posts, drowning out the people actually wanting to discuss this. In future, seriously, just PM a mod. If the warning was confusing we're happy to clarify for people.

If he doesn't have money I don't see how he can afford to get that plane around everywhere or own it, as well as having a full time pilot and gold plated interior parts.

I'm not saying he pays for those with charity money but people say he doesn't have money.

A pilot should cost him one hundred thousand a year atleast

He must have more than enough but doesn't mean he isn't scrooge like and would bend over for 20000.

He must have some sort of money and it seems funny he trys hard to get a few million for a tv show but that's back to the want of money I guess

Ithil

If he doesn't have money I don't see how he can afford to get that plane around everywhere or own it, as well as having a full time pilot and gold plated interior parts.

I'm not saying he pays for those with charity money but people say he doesn't have money.

He must have more than enough but doesn't mean he isn't scrooge like and would bend over for 20000.

He must have some sort of money and it seems funny he trys hard to get a few million for a tv show but that's back to the want of money I guess
No one claims he has NO money, just that it's nowhere even close to the "I have billions" type claims he makes.

He is a millionaire who uses debt to live like a billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom