• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40k - Tenth Edition boxset "Leviathan" unveiled and it is PACKED

SJRB

Gold Member
Earlier today during Warhammer Fest Games Workshop unveiled the 10th Edition box and boy it is fucking sick.

e718c11maswa1.png

hq3fxm8maswa1.png

hwxvz2m3bswa1.png

- 72 minis
- transfer sheets for 8 loyalist chapters
- 400-page lore/mission/artbook
- cards

Pre-order starts June, nothing about price point.

Insane amount of content, honestly. Never really cared for the Tyranids as far as owning their miniatures is concerned but I always enjoy them as antagonists.

Bragr

Banned
10th edition tries to correct this by significantly easing up on the rules and making the entire experience way more user-friendly.

They didn't make the game easier, but easier to understand.
I mean physically, that it's getting scalped a lot.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I mean physically, that it's getting scalped a lot.

Big army boxes tend to be scalped pretty easily, but I find I can usually just talk with my FLGS the day something is announced and put down the cash for a preorder. 9 times out of 10, I get the preorder.

The only time in recent memory that I struggled to get the box was LEagues of Votann (Took nearly 2 months post launch) and Lion 'El Johnson (who I still haven't been able to get).

Trogdor1123

Ok, this looks awesome. I want this as my first 40k set but I’m not going to buy if they don’t finish fixing my darn house first… I’d have where to put it and no where to set up a place to paint them

Limited box, would of been interested but it will probably be a pain in the ass or near impossible to get.

Looking forward to 10th edition though, me and my friend gave up on 40k and are playing onepagerules for the last 2 years. We'll definitely give 10th a try in june

Last edited:

treemk

Banned
This is a must buy for me, haven't bought anything since Indomitus which was also great, but this is just perfect for what I'd want out of a new edition box.

I maintain that an official 40k VTT would sell like hotcakes. I love 40k, but I doubt I will ever get into the actual tabletop game between my lack of artistic skill in painting the figurines, and lack of people to play with. Have a few choices of starter set armies that are redeemable when you create an account, and then offer box sets and individual purchases which you can digitally 'paint'.

There are so many people interested enough in actual 40k tabletop, but aren't going to get into the physical game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Pre-order started! I was able to snag a pre-order from a local store but man this is going FAST.

170 euros for the box was way less than I expected, considering the content.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Everything I hear about WK40 these days is how hard it is to get any of this new stuff.
Yeah just after a year or so it seems like books are impossible to get or go way up in price.

I remember buying Rogue Trader for $90 because it's my favorite spin-off. Nowadays I think it's well over $100 for a decent copy.

Probably would be nice if they would make a new edition of Rogue Trader especially since a new computer game about it is coming out.

Top Bottom