• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weather in Amsterdam

GymWolf

So i'm gonna be in the city from 11 to 17 aug, i just wanted to ask if the weather was the usual of all past years with some regular rain, not much hotness and a nice wind all day long especially at night or if this year is another anomaly like last year where i packed too heavy (after just 17 previous trips of experience with the city) and i was sweating my balls off, even at night when it was more suffocating than my native place (sicily) that is basically africa during summer:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Just to know what to pack in the bag.

I could just check on the internet but i prefer the feedback of people who lives there and there are a lot of dutchies here on gaf.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Right now it's raining, the past two weeks have been shit weather.

Current weather:

donderdag 10 augustus tot en met donderdag 17 augustus Zeer waarschijnlijk (90% kans) vrijwel droog weer met temperaturen rond het langjarig gemiddelde. Er is ongeveer 20% kans dat het een stuk warmer wordt (25-30°C).

Thursday 10th till thursday the 17th.
Very high (90%) chance of dry weather with temperatures between 13.8 and 22,5 degreees. There is a small 20% chance that the temperature will increase to 25-30°C.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm not sure if this is better because i do love doing pic nic their parks and a lot of rain is not ideal for that.

Do anyone who lives there has anything to add?

Packing the wrong things can really fuck up my trip.

MMaRsu MMaRsu are you from ams?

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
DxANngH.jpg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I live a 15 minute trainride away from A'dam and the weather has been shitty (perspective depenend but not your typical summer that's for sure) for about 3 weeks (or more?) now. Fwiw.

Last edited:

GymWolf

So just to check with the locals before i finish to pack, still pretty chill all day long with wind and occasional rain?

Well i can say goodbye to showing my magnificent tan :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

thief183

Every time I've been in Amsterdam it was raining and there was a guy parade, every single time.

...also in Stockholm, it looks like it is pride month all year :)

GymWolf

I'm gonna try kfc for the first time (i think), why i don't see the famous gravy in the dips? Is it included with any chicken you buy?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Weather or not you're concerned about the whether, take consideration on what you would wether do:

1) Enjoy the whether.
2) Parade down the RLD wearing leather.

Top Bottom