• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What´s the best football game for a newbie on the GC?

fresquito

You see, somehow, after 26 years of life, I´ve got interested in american football. I´ve been reading the rules, watching different videos and basically getting into this sport. So, taking into account my situation, which game would you recomend me to get for my GameCube.

I don´t care about roosters, since I don´t know shit about players, I´m just interested in the sport. Checking through some sites I´ve seen a deal for Madden 05 at 15&#8364;, but I fear it might be too hardcore for me. Now, I´m clueless, GAF help me >_<

PD: Getting the superior version that will be the 360 one is out of the equation, I just own a GC and a DS at the moment.

Thanks in advance :)

Madden is pretty much it - EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL. So NCAA which is college football and Madden for the pros are the only things made in the last couple of years.

It has plenty of tutorials, and there are plenty of people here who could help understand what everything means.

But for the absolute best football game for a n00b? Grab Tecmo Super Bowl for NES. (I'm sure you could find a way to play it on your PC, hint-hint.)

I'm sure millions of video game stores would gladly sell you 10 coppies of an old Madden game for about two dollars (australian or US or whatever doesn't matter)

fresquito

If that Tecmo game is as good as the soccer one, I think I´m going to pas on any Madden :D

So, Madden 2005 is a good choice?

ZeromusMog said:
I'm sure millions of video game stores would gladly sell you 10 coppies of an old Madden game for about two dollars (australian or US or whatever doesn't matter)
Problem being I live in Spain and finding Madden here is damn hard. Let alone seconed hand and for a good price. I´ll be using Play.com

kaf

fresquito said:
PD: Getting the superior version that will be the 360 one is out of the equation, I just own a GC and a DS at the moment.

Thanks in advance :)

Only Madden is available on the DS/GC to my knowledge.

bluemax

Banned
fresquito said:
This one is even cheaper. How is it compared to Madden 2005?

I don't think I played Madden 2005 on the Cube so I can't really comment on that, what it boils down to is which teams and style your prefer and the differences between dynasty and franchise. Do you prefer recruiting or signing free agents etc etc.

fresquito

bluemax said:
I don't think I played Madden 2005 on the Cube so I can't really comment on that, what it boils down to is which teams and style your prefer and the differences between dynasty and franchise. Do you prefer recruiting or signing free agents etc etc.

Erms... I´m totally new to american football, I don´t have preference just yet >_<

Anyway, I purchased a second hand copy of Madden 2005, it should be arriving early next week. Thank you all. I´ll update with impressions :)

BTW, I´ve been playing to Tecmo Super Bowl and having much fun with it :)

backyardfootball.jpg

fresquito

Today my copy of Madden 2005 for the GC arrived. I had to pour about 12 euros on ebay, but after some hands-on this morning, I must say that everything says "good purchase". The past week I was playing Tecmo Super Bowl intensively, and had great fun with it (both in NES and SNES).

Now on with the topic. It´s incredible the level of polish EA has put into this game. Seriously, I never though EA could treat so gently a game of theirs. Of all the games I´ve played by them, this is the first one I feel it´s not rushed out to get easy money. Comparing this to FIFA is bad joke. If EA put half the effort into their soccer series, it would rock. My only complaint so far is that since I´m new to football in general, I´m a little bit lost, but I guess that wouldn´t be the case if I had been into football for long.

Top Bottom