• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best roguelites?

Returnal was my first rougelite game and I instantly fell in love with the genre. Maybe because how good that game was. It's still my favourite game on PS5.

Ogbert

Returnal was my first rougelite game and I instantly fell in love with the genre. Maybe because how good that game was. It's still my favourite game on PS5.
Returnal is a good game but it’s not really a roguelite. It’s an arcade game with very, very light rogue mechanics.

There’s no meaningful build variation.

GHG

Returnal is more roguelike in its mechanics than it is roguelite. That's why I didn't get on with it too well, not enough metaprogression for my liking.

Anyway, a few others I'd recommend:

This one used to be called "monolith" but for some reason they changed its name, I was addicted to this on the deck for a while:

One of my most played games on the deck last year (I prefer this to slay the spire, it's excellent in every way):

This is an excellent turn based roguelite:

An often overlooked deckbuilding roguelite:

A soundtrack that SLAPS (the game is pretty good too):

A roguelite chess game with a very unique spin (this game is a ton of fun):

I've not put enough time into this one yet but from what I have (a couple of hours) it played like a very well put together twin stick roguelite) :

Last edited:
Top Bottom