• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Been a fan for 25+ years. What do you think of Undertow and Aenima? I found Fear Innoculum to be their weakest effort despite loving Tempest and Invincible.

Undertow and Aenima are incredible albums. The tracks "Sober" and "Aenima" were how I was introduced to TOOL in elementary school, then I got into the album "Lateralus". Listened to them on and off over the years but didn't explode into hardcore fandom until recently. Fear Inoculum is my favorite album of theirs now haha. Then 10,000 Days.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Undertow and Aenima are incredible albums. The tracks "Sober" and "Aenima" were how I was introduced to TOOL in elementary school, then I got into the album "Lateralus". Listened to them on and off over the years but didn't explode into hardcore fandom until recently. Fear Inoculum is my favorite album of theirs now haha. Then 10,000 Days.

Rosetta Stoned to me is the magnum opus. Gotta attribute life situations at the time too, but still. This song is the perfect encapsulation of this bands sound vocally and instrumentally for me.

And I say this as someone that STILL remembers coming home from school at 4pm when I was 15, turning on MTV and seeing the video for Stinkfist.

Staying after school for bullshit geometry homework bullshit DID have its ups

Last edited:
Rosetta Stoned to me is the magnum opus. Gotta attribute life situations at the time too for me, but still. This song is the perfect encapsulation of this bands sound vocally and instrumentally for me.
Even though Fear Inoculum is my favorite album, I think 10,000 Days is likely their best work. That album is full of bangers. Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two.
How can a single album have so many heavy hitters??? And to think that their studio recordings don't do their live sound justice either. Rosetta Stoned live induced a transcendental state the last night I saw them.
Only Maynard can say "...but I forgot my pen" in such a profound way. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom