• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Bono Surrender audiobook.

It is really good mixture of storytelling and music and effects all into the narrative. Amazingly well done.

9781529151787.jpg

How his first song "out of Control" came to be.

GeekyDad

i love this song. probably my favourite my chemical romance song ever.

there's something about it that makes me so sad but at the same time it's comforting.

"you only live forever in the lights you make"

Never heard of the band or the song, but it's kinda hard not to love. Thanks for sharing.

Forgot this existed and now I feel nostalgic af.
Btw. The language in this is dead... just like the 90s

Another beautiful song and video.

Never heard of the band or the song, but it's kinda hard not to love. Thanks for sharing.

Another beautiful song and video.
you've never heard of my chemical romance? :messenger_sad_relieved:

nothing wrong with that of course but i thought they were pretty well known even if you never went through an emo phase in like 2004-2009 lol.

they broke up in 2013 and that song was the last one they wrote. it's like a kind of farewell song.

the singer Gerard Way wrote The Umbrella Academy comics. Maybe you've seen the Netflix show advertised or talked about? The album that song is off is a sort of concept album made around characters called "Killjoys" and he wrote comics about them too.

they got back together in 2019 just before covid. can't wait for their new album :) this is their latest new song. not sure if you'll like it though!

Last edited:

GeekyDad

you've never heard of my chemical romance? :messenger_sad_relieved:

nothing wrong with that of course but i thought they were pretty well known even if you never went through an emo phase in like 2004-2009 lol.

they broke up in 2013 and that song was the last one they wrote. it's like a kind of farewell song.

the singer Gerard Way wrote The Umbrella Academy comics. Maybe you've seen the Netflix show advertised or talked about? The album that song is off is a sort of concept album made around characters called "Killjoys" and he wrote comics about them too.

they got back together in 2019 just before covid. can't wait for their new album :) this is their latest new song. not sure if you'll like it though!

In 2004, my youngest (of three) child was five-years old. My life since then has been an emo phase. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I will definitely look them up on YT. I saved that video to my watchlist.

Banned

that song was the hottest shit for a year or so it felt like... and then a second less successful single hit and you never heard of them again.

they apparently still exist and are touring tho... kinda crazy how they almost completely vanished from the public eye.

I loved this "college rock" wave back in the day 🙃

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Weird Al. I’ve been on a kick after the movie. I got my kids into it, so much so that they don’t like the originals as much as his parodys. Except for Eat it. They like that more than the parade Beat it.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
that song was the hottest shit for a year or so it felt like... and then a second less successful single hit and you never heard of them again.

they apparently still exist and are touring tho... kinda crazy how they almost completely vanished from the public eye.

I loved this "college rock" wave back in the day 🙃

only heard it for the first time yesterday on the radio never heard of it i thought it was some new song surprised it came out in 2000 lol

Banned
just listened to the YouTube premiere of the Remastered & Remixed version of Dawn of a Million Souls by Ayreon

really great remaster, the new mix is amazing and some of the alternative vocal and instrumental takes used makes the whole thing sound more refined.

can't go wrong with Russell Allen at the mic! :)

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
How's the new album? I really only liked 1989 but respect the hell out of her talent. The NPR Tiny Desk concert she did is a great demonstration of her skill.
It’s a little mix between traditional synth pop and electronic. And it has a nice mood to it. She talks about depression, problem with self image, media scrutinizing her relationship, Kanye west and scooter Braun (again lol). I really like it. Not her best work but among top 3 I’d say. Give it a chance if you can.

Top Bottom