• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I had to dig for a deep cut for something to help Tesseract Tesseract going through music withdrawals.

Aloha - That's Your Fire (2000)

The only alternative rock group I heard of with a jazz drummer and a xylophone player. Have lots of great stuff on the first 3 albums.
P.S. My brother paid them to play a house party at our house since they weren't touring in our city ... and they actually fucking did it and played in our living room.

Tesseract

Banned
I had to dig for a deep cut for something to help Tesseract Tesseract going through music withdrawals.

Aloha - That's Your Fire (2000)

The only alternative rock group I heard of with a jazz drummer and a xylophone player. Have lots of great stuff on the first 3 albums.
P.S. My brother paid them to play a house party at our house since they weren't touring in our city ... and they actually fucking did it and played in our living room.

lovely, kinda reminds me of mars volta in some ways

thanks

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Funeral - The Strength to End It

I actually remember just laughing when I was first showed this song. The vocals are initially kind of offputting, but it's just so god damned crushing. The ultimate "throw down" song.

Tesseract

Banned
Funeral - The Strength to End It

I actually remember just laughing when I was first showed this song. The vocals are initially kind of offputting, but it's just so god damned crushing. The ultimate "throw down" song.

lyrics hit like a ton of bricks, love it

'so many souls rejected for the essence of their thoughts'

nice interval at 2:57

Cracklox

Well, one of the most under rated rappers ever, RA the Rugged Man dropped a new album recently, and thats getting alot of repeat treatment. One of the highlights

I'm gonna get shit for this probably, but man early Coldplay was so fucking good. I get they can't have the same style but they've had the same over produced pop style for over a decade now since Viva la Vida.

Parachutes and Rush of Blood to the Head were amazing albums.

I just want them to put out another album like Parachutes. :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

Here's some Radiohead as a bonus song

I'm gonna get shit for this probably, but man early Coldplay was so fucking good. I get they can't have the same style but they've had the same over produced pop style for over a decade now since Viva la Vida.

Parachutes and Rush of Blood to the Head were amazing albums.

I like the two early Coldplay albums, I think Trouble and The Scientist are absolutely gorgeous pop songs. It's very much a U2 and Radiohead pastiche, but it's still undeniably pleasant.

The problem with Coldplay is that Radiohead absolutely killed britpop. OK Computer is the ultimate final boss, the one that wipes your party in a single hit. You can't follow up perfection (although Radiohead absolutely DID which is even scarier). The same thing happened with that twitchy guitar based post-punk revival movement that happened after the debut by The Strokes. Although we got some good bands from that whole thing, we only got one Turn On the Bright Lights.

Top Bottom