• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite AI / AGI tools right now?

mortal

Gold Member
I've been recently using a combination of ChatGPT Plus, MidJourney's standard sub, & Notion AI.
Got a couple of others on my radar for upcoming design projects.

I've only recently signed up for ChatGPT Plus. I was eager to see the performance differences between Gpt v3.5 and Gpt v4 with its web browsing capabilities.
Whereas the 3.5 model is limited to 2021, Gpt 4 can strub the internet in real-time for more context and info.
It's a cool feature, though whether it's worth the price is up for debate. Definitely depends on your needs.

Seems like there's a new AGI tool popping up every week with all sorts of applications and use cases; hard to keep track of at times.
Curious about which ones others on Gaf are enjoying and finding the most useful. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I've found Microsoft's New Bing to be pretty useful. I think it's built off of ChatGPT.
Yes, I believe so.
I don't generally use Bing over Google Search in my day-to-day, but I ought to give it a try more often.

SJRB

Gold Member
I use chatGPT pretty much every workday to check or verify code in SQL, Python and R.

It helps me a lot but hallucination is a huge problem. It's still baffling to me that I ask GPT a question, it gives me code and when I ask "are you sure" GPT actually responds with "Sorry I gave the wrong answer, here's the actual answer".

It's a great tool to get some shortcuts or explanations but it's remarkably untrustworthy in a lot of aspects. That said, the innovation is still incredible and using GPT is still a remarkable experience. I can't wait to see where we'll be in five years from now.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
It helps me a lot but hallucination is a huge problem. It's still baffling to me that I ask GPT a question, it gives me code and when I ask "are you sure" GPT actually responds with "Sorry I gave the wrong answer, here's the actual answer".

It's a great tool to get some shortcuts or explanations but it's remarkably untrustworthy in a lot of aspects.
Agreed, it's important to vet questionable information. Less complete dependency or more for brainstorming and collaborating and quickly bouncing ideas off of.
The refining and tweaking of prompts help make the process enjoyable, at least imo. Even when I'm lifting a precomposed prompt and using it as a foundation.

bitbydeath

Bard is surprisingly good, and while I haven’t used ChatGPT in a while, it works a lot better than since I last had.

Eg. I couldn’t get ChatGPT to write out a full song when I last used it.

Write a love song to the tune of creep​

Sure, here is a love song to the tune of Creep:
Verse 1 When you were young, so were your dreams You were so innocent, so full of glee But now you're grown, and your heart is cold You've seen too much, and you've lost your soul
Chorus But I'm still here, I'm still here I'm still the same, I'm still the same I'm not a creep, I'm not a creep I'm just a man who loves you
Verse 2 I know I'm not perfect, I know I'm not cool But I'll love you forever, I'll love you true I'll be there for you, through thick and thin I'll never let you down, I'll never leave you
Chorus But I'm still here, I'm still here I'm still the same, I'm still the same I'm not a creep, I'm not a creep I'm just a man who loves you
Bridge I know I'm not worthy of your love But I'll do anything to win your heart I'll climb mountains, I'll swim oceans I'll move heaven and earth for you
Outro I love you, I love you, I love you I'll never stop loving you

Top Bottom