• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite history and science you tube channels?

I've been thinking I should perhaps start watching more educational content creators, so I thought I'd ask here and see what you all would recommend.

SoloCamo

For military history (if you are into that)

Armchair Historian is pretty good if you enjoy well animated videos that are to the point without being monotonous.

The Operations Room is pretty good too, definitely more tactics orientated.

I'm not the biggest fan of CrashCourse but they are pretty good for general history / science info.

AJUMP23

Great courses is not on YouTube but has a ton of great history stuff.

Some of there stuff may be there but I have never looked. They normally have free ones each month on Amazon prime.

KrakenIPA

I'm more of a sports guy, so I'll mine this thread. I suppose I developed a new mindset when I watched Christopher Hitchens years ago.

Go_Ly_Dow

A bit different, but I love this channel for food history. He recreates original/historical recipe's found in old texts from all over the world, whilst also giving a lot of context/info about whatever civilisation he's covering.

Tasting History with Max Miller

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Veratasium does science-y stuff usually but he did a fantastic video about game theory and it's completely changed my perspective and thinking about humanity.

I remember the first time I watched, it had a different thumbnail where it was two pixel art characters in a versus graphic it looked very unserious and unappealing. But it kept being recommended to me until I finally clicked.

Top Bottom