• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favourite journalists and publications operating in the gaming space - both from a Western perspective and Eastern perspective??

Eurogamer used to be my favourite online publication, but it's taken a real dive in recent years. And I also don't like its propensity for only featuring the BIG games - "hello 10 Destiny articles every day for 2 months". And not only does this extend towards its news coverage, but they tend to only review big games too.

On the other hand, Destructoid are pretty good. They cover a lot of niche indie games.

Most mainstream publications (including Eurogamer and Destructoid) are Western-centric. But then one wonders as to whether there are any big publications that are Far Eastern-centric? I know that Gametsu is a fairly obvious one, but SiliconEra also does some fairly good work too.

So with that said, what are your favourite journalists and publications operating in the gaming space - both from a Western perspective and Eastern perspective?

Eurogamer used to be my favourite online publication, but it's taken a real dive in recent years. And I also don't like its propensity for only featuring the BIG games - "hello 10 Destiny articles every day for 2 months". And not only does this extend towards its news coverage, but they tend to only review big games too.

On the other hand, Destructoid are pretty good. They cover a lot of niche indie games.

Most mainstream publications (including Eurogamer and Destructoid) are Western-centric. But then one wonders as to whether there are any big publications that are Far Eastern-centric? I know that Gametsu is a fairly obvious one, but SiliconEra also does some fairly good work too.

So with that said, what are your favourite journalists and publications operating in the gaming space - both from a Western perspective and Eastern perspective?
Same, Eurogamer was my go-to for years. I still look at for big reviews because there is lingering trust from me but I read everything on it with a cynic’s eye.

I tend to just go for YouTube to check out gameplay vids now.

Daymos

I like to watch the happy console gamer on YouTube. He has tons of nostalgia for old games and so do I. He also tends to avoid all the controversy that everyone else on the internet worships.. and just talks about games he likes.

1280px-Logo_of_GameSpot.svg.png

Gamespot is the number one website I used to frequent and I still check it out from time to time. Their reviews are alright on the whole, though I'm aware that many people on NeoGAF think they're too woke.

D-ray

I don't usually give half poop to game journalists, but maybe one I ""kinda"" follow is Parliamo di Videogiochi.

LOGO-PDV_SCALABIL5E-01.png

They are Italian, mostly cool and old school (just like me, except that I'm 100% cool). Plus, they don't use numbers for their scoring system, I'm afraid of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom