• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if users could delete their own threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I'm not entirely sure if the board software being used at GAF could allow such a feature (I'd imagine that it could), but if it could be implemented, it might cut down on alot of the duplicate posts that occasionally pop up. It'd be idea for post questions that are generally fully answered in one or two responses as well. Besides, if the thread was embarrassing, the admins could always just resurrect it for archiving purposes.

Perhaps there's security or resource reasons I'm not fully considering in asking this, I'm just curious...

impirius

What if everyone had jetpacks?

What if cats were made of chocolate?

What if someone invented an overflow-proof bathtub?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
impirius said:
What if everyone had jetpacks?

What if cats were made of chocolate?

What if someone invented an overflow-proof bathtub?

Olimario would suddenly disappear via a lack of purpose...?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ecrofirt said:
What exactly happened with Oli that we can't delete posts/threads anymore?
I believe it was the "I flooded my bathtub and now my mom is being a jerk to me" thread that olimario deleted after being laughed at for 50-100 posts.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Eh, giving people the ability to delete threads would also rid us of the opportunity to mock them after they've made fools of themselves.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Hitokage said:
I believe it was the "I flooded my bathtub and now my mom is being a jerk to me" thread that olimario deleted after being laughed at for 50-100 posts.

I seem to recall that also being the thread where he seemed legitimately shocked that more people around here didn't have hired help around the house.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
oli is good for a laugh every few days... as a matter of fact (looks at watch) we're about due are't we?

What ever happened to the neighbor having an affair/construction guys loud music sagas anyway... that was oli wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom