• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the consensus on GRID 2 now?

I remember when GRID 2 was released, it was almost instantly trashed by the greater sim racing community for taking significant steps back in the formula, including a neutering of the handling system, a focus more on the commercial aspects of racing, and probably most strangely and most derisively, no cockpit view.

However, with the release of GRID Autosport in 2014 which was more or less a love letter to the former fans of GRID and TOCA Race Driver, alongside the good will Codemasters built up with DiRT Rally, I'm wondering what the consensus for GRID 2 is like now, and hell, even what it was like back when it released.

IMO it was fine but Autosport kinda invalidates it. Pretty much all the same cars and tracks but more, better physics, more authentic racing, and it just feels more enjoyable as it's a proper race driver career with contracts and stuff.

Caayn

I really disliked it when it came out, it was such as step back from the first Grid. I loved the first Grid, especially the handling system. Never bothered to finish Grid 2. Should buy Autosport in the future.

Xav

- GRID came out.
- People liked GRID.

- GRID 2 came out.
- People disliked GRID 2.

- GRID (we're sorry about GRID 2) Autosport came out.
- People liked GRID Autosport.

Top Bottom